turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 3/8/2012

Started by Roostem33, March 07, 2012, 10:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

The paralyzed man, who was brought by his friends to Jesus for healing, had been lowered through a hole in the roof (Luke 5:17–26). He was lying there on his bed right in front of Jesus. Jesus looked down at him. Every eye in the room was on this man. Then he looked up into the very eyes of God incarnate.

I believe Jesus looked at this man and smiled. Then Jesus told him, " 'Man, your sins are forgiven you' " (Luke 5:20).

I believe that when this man looked into the eyes of Jesus, he knew those words were true. He knew Jesus had taken away his sins. He wasn't afraid any longer.

The verb used here for the word forgiven has the basic meaning of sending or driving something away. "Your sins are driven away from you," is what Jesus essentially said.

King David wrote, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12).

I want to say to you in the same way, you have nothing to be afraid of. You can be forgiven, too. When you come to Jesus, He will remove your sins from you as far as the east is from the west!

Have a good week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

What a great message!!

Through, and in Christ, our past is forgiven!!!

Thank you Jody!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Thank you, Jody.  Perfect forgiveness in the perfect Savior!    :jesus-cross:

rempumpman

He also throws our sins in the sea of forgetfullness but the problem we have is we always seem to go fishing!; thankful that God forgives a rotten sinner such as I; thank you for a great devotional............rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.