OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitro..

Started by Hootowl, February 22, 2011, 09:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

Have any of you ever called Nitro, and asked them which Choke tube and shell you should be shootin? I had a Buddy gave me there Number and was thinking about calling them and see what they say. I heard they are Big On Jellyheads? He said they test every combo out there. What do I have to loose but a Phone Call?

Hoot

4nwtf

They recommend rhino and jelly head for their shells.  They also have specific loads for specific guns.

hookedspur

Quote from: 4nwtf on February 22, 2011, 09:52:12 PM
They recommend rhino and jelly head for their shells.  They also have specific loads for specific guns.
Yes but there recommendation didn't work as well in my gun as the setup I ended with
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joshua

Let us know what they say if you call them.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Hootowl

I spoke to a Ladie Letha and this is wat she said.....I would recommend for your gun our Item H378i (1-7/8oz.) #4x5x7 hevi-shot with either either a Rhino .660 or a Jelly Head .660 choke.  Whichever choke you choose, you will get between 170 to 200 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards. Going to go with the Jellyhead, need to find who has the best deal on them and then I am ordering my shells from Nitro.....

joshua

Hootowl,  I was in Academy Sports yesterday and they had jellyhead and tightwad chokes selling for 30-35 bucks.  Don't know if there's one close to you or not but it may be an option.   :anim_25:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Hootowl

Never heard of  Academy Sports I am haveing a hard time finding a Jellyhead for my Mossberg 12 500---.660

Hoot

Hootowl

I just called Academy Sports and they said they dont carry Jellyheads choke tubes?

knightrider

those are not the only two chokes you can use any choke rated for hevi will work just got to find the right constriction for your gun,you obviously have internet access goggle is your best friend just type in jellyhead chokes and orderone if thats what you have to have.you can often find them right here in the gun classifieds just put you in a post what you are looking for someone may sell you one. hope this helps :z-guntootsmiley:

Hootowl

Thanks Knightrider, did find one on Google. Happy Huntin.

Hoot