OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Will a Truglo Gobble stopper fit on a Browning Bps Base?

Started by Hooks' n' Beards', March 06, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooks' n' Beards'

Was thinking of picking up a Truglo Gobblestopper or another cheap Red dot for a backup on my bps,Will they fit on the Browning base?Never Had a Red dot mounted on my browning 12 ga bps.Thanks H'n'B'

mightyjoeyoung

They (the sights) have an integrated weaver mount so if you have a weaver base on your gun... :z-winnersmiley:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Hooks' n' Beards'

Yes i know, but the Browning base is not a weaver base its a Browning base it does take weaver rings but only front and back of base.So what i am asking is will it screw on to the back of the Browning base?I dont want to buy one and have it not work.

bpsmag1026

I have a gobble stopper and the browning mount, it will fit on there but only about half of the sight base is on the mount. It might work but i don't know how well it would hold up to the recoil, a burris or one of the other red dots with a shorter base would probably work better.

Hooks' n' Beards'

Thanks,I aint buyin a Red dot,I like this setup to much,Thanks for the Help.H'n'B'

mightyjoeyoung

Then why not just purchase a weaver base for your BPS and have the ability to mount just about anything on it?

Hooks' n' Beards'

From what i understand they dont work on a Browning Bps or i would have bought one,Dont need a Red dot anyway,I have a Bushnell Trophy Turkey scope and 2 Truglo Fiber optic sights so im Set.Boy,This Browning sure is a lot nicer then any Remington 870 Express i ever owned.

mightyjoeyoung

Just looked on the weaver site.  No base for the BPS...weird.  Wonder why they don't make one?...

Hooks' n' Beards'

Dont know,I Already knew they did not make one,Im trying to figure out how to mount a Truglo Red dot without gettin the gun drilled and tapped for a weaver base,Which i wont do.Oh well.Dont really need one,But i wanted to try one,Maybe just buy a Bushnell red dot,But im picky and there Black and i want one in camo to match my gun.