turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 7's

Started by Swamprunner, March 05, 2012, 06:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joker

I would much rather shoot a load that I am sure will kill at 35yds than one that is inconsistent and will kill at 55yds one time and only 50 the next. :z-dizzy:

Longshanks

Quote from: joker on March 09, 2012, 05:55:51 PM
I would much rather shoot a load that I am sure will kill at 35yds than one that is inconsistent and will kill at 55yds one time and only 50 the next. :z-dizzy:

The point is..shoot 40yds or less and if he's 45 your still good. That will give you 5-10 yds from your 35. 50-55 is too far regardless.250-300 in a 10 @ 40 is consistent at 40-45 without a doubt.

jfair

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on March 05, 2012, 09:55:16 PM
find some better cardboard  :TooFunny: .......try shoot-um in a soup can!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohu8cdXFR-k

Those are some big 7 and 8 shot holes.  TSS at a high velocity are great loads.  Hevi 7's at 1090 I'm still not sold on.  The super strong cardboard I shoot at with Hevi 7's always holds on to a few pellets.  Always.  They will kill a bird.  Shot mine at 42 yards with them last year.  I have been much happier with the results of lead 6's.  My results are probably just an anomaly.

Longshanks

Quote from: jfair on March 09, 2012, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on March 05, 2012, 09:55:16 PM
find some better cardboard  :TooFunny: .......try shoot-um in a soup can!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohu8cdXFR-k

Those are some big 7 and 8 shot holes.  TSS at a high velocity are great loads.  Hevi 7's at 1090 I'm still not sold on.  The super strong cardboard I shoot at with Hevi 7's always holds on to a few pellets.  Always.  They will kill a bird.  Shot mine at 42 yards with them last year.  I have been much happier with the results of lead 6's.  My results are probably just an anomaly.

Just curious but will the lead 6's pass through the card board at the same distance the Hevi 7's are sticking in the cardboard? Copper plated? Nickel plated?

jfair

Quote from: Longshanks on March 09, 2012, 07:25:34 PM
Just curious but will the lead 6's pass through the card board at the same distance the Hevi 7's are sticking in the cardboard? Copper plated? Nickel plated

Won't say never.  Just not very often.  The Hevi 7's always.  Some pellets appear to be 8's 9's and 10's to me.  These are the ones that most often stick.  The 7's do go through much more often than not, but will stick sometimes too.  My results with them.  I just find it hard to believe that myself and the others that I have seen in person (not a forum) have the same results but differ from what is posted here.  Again, could be some anomaly in my backyard.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I use to shoot lead 6's.  Killed one at 47yds with them.  But the shot didn't go all the way through the head and neck like the Hevi-13 #7' do.  Like I said I smoked one standing at 45yds plus with the Hevi-13 3" #7 loads.  If you pattern your gun to obtain your best pattern at 40yds with this load and have say 250 hits in a 10" and another 200 or so in the 20" you'll toast any gobbler that walks easily at 45yds.  And again if you don't, you probably just simply missed.  Too many people on here are talking like these 7's are skeptical on turkeys.  Im here to tell you they are probably one of the best shot choices you can shoot period.