OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FFII and FFIII ????

Started by rtsj, March 05, 2012, 05:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtsj

Is there a difference in the glass in these two sights? Is the FFIII glass any clearer than the FFII? I love the FFII its just looking through the glass is never as clear as looking through a scope or plain eyesight. I'm wanting to order another one just want some feedback.

Thanks Roy

BurrisOptics

The glass is the same as the FF2

Reloader

Does the dot have the star effect?  All mine do.  One out of the 3 I'm running is a bit better, but they all have a star look.  The dot is larger than advertised as well.  Will the 3 have a true size dot?

BurrisOptics

Most red dots do have a starburst effect to them.  Just the nature of the beast.  The 3 is noticeably smaller but I haven't had a chance to play with a production model so I can't say for sure.  I'm not sure what the advantage would be for us to advertise it as being a different size than what it is so I would say it's most likely going to be as advertised.  The starburst effect comes from the dot being on a very high intensity setting.  That flaring will make the dot appear bigger.  If you cover the light sensor you will usually see the flaring go away and the dot will appear smaller.