OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question about Winchester Extender Range ?

Started by WiLL B, March 04, 2012, 11:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I'm not downgrading a particular load or shot.  What I said is what most people have said that have shot both.  I have no desire to even try them.  But I do know they are a very good load.  I'm not knocking them one bit.  Like I said shoot what you wish.  If you got 100% confidence in your load, who am I to tell you they suck and that your blind for shooting what you shoot.  That just ain't what these forums here are about at least I don't think they should be.   

savduck

Quote from: WiLL B on March 05, 2012, 06:50:37 PM
The main question I have is will the Extended Range Winchesters shoot a denser pattern than the lead Winchesters? I have several chokes that shoot Winchester Supremes very nicely but was hoping the HD's would thicken up the pattern.

Yes
Georgia Boy

WiLL B

Thanks guys! I have enough heavy shot to last this season but I think I should try the Win Extended Range. Like I said I have some chokes that really shot the Winchester lead shells really nicely before I went Heavy Shot crazy.

FttFttVroom!

I went from shooting 101 @ 40 yds to 179 @ 40 going from HV 6's to XRHD 6's in my 870 SM.

That's an improvement of 56%!

archery1

Quote from: bird on March 04, 2012, 11:37:21 PM
Wrong Brad..... As you know I am getting 299 in 10 with my 870SM and H13 #7's.  But I dumped the H13 and switched to the Winchester HD's for one main reason. I want a shell that hits like a Mack truck and I want a shell that I feel confident that will "consistently" hit like that Mack truck. Although the H13 may put up bigger numbers it isn't capable of the energy of the Win HD and isn't a "consistant" performer like that as the Win HD's otherwise why would you guys always need to be searching for lot #'s on those H13's.

I'll take fewer pellets in 10 for a Consistant Hard Hitter any day of the week over the H13.
lol
agreed

Your blinded by numbers on paper. You guys are Drunk on the H13 Koolaid!!!

bird

Take a kid hunting

WiLL B

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on March 05, 2012, 10:22:58 PM
I went from shooting 101 @ 40 yds to 179 @ 40 going from HV 6's to XRHD 6's in my 870 SM.

That's an improvement of 56%!

Now that's the kind of news that makes me want to try them !!

reynolds243

i shot the XR for a few years with pretty good results and killed a few birds with them, i switched to Hevi 2 years ago just do to the increase in pattern i got. I was only getting 120 at 40yds with the XR 6 shot but was getting 165 with the hevi 6 and 245 with the hevi 7's

was a no brainer to switch to it. I did like the XR though and it is a very good shell for killing birds.

However if you think XR are not going to have the same "lot # issues" that hevi has then you are kidding yourself. Anything produced in mass quantities will have these issues period.

Now to answer the original question...............Yes