turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bottomland vs. obsession

Started by YoungJake, March 04, 2012, 08:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungJake

I'm thinking about dipping my shotgun and I can't decide between these two patterns. Uses will be spring turkey, fall turkey, coyote, waterfowl, and maybe deer. Right now I'm thinking bottomland would be more versatile, but I'm not sure.
:thanks:

cannonball

FullChoke

Bottomland will be more versatile.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

X-Tennessean

That is a tuff choice, I like both and have bottom land bibs/jacket and after seeing some pics of myself when taking down trail cams I am not sure about the bottom land. I was taking a cam down one day when I had my MO tree stand pants on with bottom land jacket, it took my picture in black/white and with the bottom land jacket on I looked like a giant blob with no legs walking toward it !! The bottom land's pattern is so dense it didn't break up my outline like the tree stand  did.  

Philippe

I'd go with Bottomland, I personally wish i could find a place that could do a gun for me in the old school Green Leaf or Full Foliage.

redleg06

I like bottomland and natural gear for versatility year round and for just about any terrain.

My deal about camo is that trees and shrubs/brush (anything wood basically) are always going to be gray/brown year around, even though the leaves will change seasonally and regionally. 

In other words, grays/ browns dont go out of season or change while light green is only around for a month or two in the spring before turning dark green or going dormant in the fall or winter.

TNTOM

Bottomland. The green in Obsession would stand out in the winter and fall.  Bottomland blends well with the colors at ground level all the time.

FttFttVroom!

savduck

I havent had an issues with Obesession in early season. im in the south though.
Georgia Boy

BOB_HARWELL

How is one more versatile than the other.

BOB

FullChoke

Quote from: BOB_HARWELL on March 04, 2012, 11:03:03 PM
How is one more versatile than the other.

It is a slight margin, because we are talking about a relatively small surface to cover in a camo. Obsession is a combination of bark and limbs and a high percentage of light green spring foliage. Bottomland is a depiction of tree bark. There is bark on trees year round. There are no leaves at ground level for half of the year. A camo with light green will look out of place for the fall and winter hunting seasons.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

northms

I think bottomland is more versatile. I would go with bottomland.

Chris Downs

rawalley

STAY HOME!