OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Options for mounting a FF3 on SBE2??

Started by kyduck1, March 04, 2012, 02:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 14, 2012, 01:33:38 PM
Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 13, 2012, 08:08:18 PM
Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 13, 2012, 11:11:58 AM
Really?  We drilled one at the factory and didn't have a problem at all.  He should slow down the RPMs, center drill first, use cutting oil.  It's not too difficult. 

That's what I was thinking.  He said something to the effect that it was like trying to drill glass it was so hard.  Really?!  I sold Benellis for almost 10 years and never once heard of that.   Problem is, he is the ONLY gunsmith for quite a long ways in any direction.  Sad to because we used to have quite a few here.  Btw, he used to be a smith for Gander Mtn. at the store I worked at for a while and I remember that store going through 2 or 3 smiths in as many years there.  Now they don't even have a gunsmith on staff.  What's THAT tell you?   ::)

Sounds like he's not center drilling it.  Have you thought about trying to find a machinist instead?  As long as you are present while he is doing the work he shouldn't have any problems.  I don't think you can leave your gun with him but I may be wrong.  It's an easy job and it will take him longer to set up the mill than it will to drill and tap the holes.  A 12-pack of beer goes a long way to getting some of those guys to do easy work like this.  Just make sure he doesn't crack it open unitl he's done.  :D

I have used beer as payment for services rendered on more than one occasion!    :icon_thumright:   I have acces to a couple high end presses that I'm sure could get the job done and done correctly.  I just wish this guy wasn't the only show in town ya know?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BurrisOptics

Well try asking around for a machinist.  Honestly, for what you are trying to do they will probably do as good if not a better job for next to nothing.