OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Options for mounting a FF3 on SBE2??

Started by kyduck1, March 04, 2012, 02:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyduck1

Can someone please clarify the options for mounting a FF3 on an SBE2?? 
Thanks

reynolds243

if you have it drilled an tapped you can just mount it with the picatinny mount on a weaver base. I am not aware of a mounting plate they make for a SBE2 or you can buy the speedbead mount and do it that way.

BurrisOptics

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 05, 2012, 12:09:15 PM
if you have it drilled an tapped you can just mount it with the picatinny mount on a weaver base. I am not aware of a mounting plate they make for a SBE2 or you can buy the speedbead mount and do it that way.

+1

kyduck1

What's the difference in a weaver mount vs a marlin??  Do you have to make any adjustments in order to install them??

01Foreman400

Here is the Marlin 336 mount on my SBE 2.  You will have to have an extra hole drilled and tapped to intall it.  It's the best set-up though.

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

kyduck1

Do you still need the picatine mount with that marlin base??  The extra hole that you create, is that in the base or the receiver?  Thanks for the replies

01Foreman400

No you don't need anything but the 336 mount and the sight.  The extra hole goes in the reciever.  The existing holes on the gun don't line up the the 336 mount.

st8tman

Kyduck1,
                  Spoke with Rob Roberts at Gobbler Guns (Who does Benelli's Custom Shop SBEII's) he said the following Warne base, makes for a clean mount using the Burris FF. Obviously you only need 1 of the two bases. This link is from Midway USA Shooting.

Warne Maxima 2-Piece Steel Weaver-Style Scope Base Benelli Eagle, Super Black Eagle MatteProduct #: 476228

PS: The beauty of this is not having to have additional drilling and tapping on your receiver.

kyduck1

Wonder if you need a picatinny mount for the weaver base to work??
What is the difference in the weaver and the marlin 336??

01Foreman400

Quote from: st8tman on March 05, 2012, 07:08:11 PM
Kyduck1,
                 Spoke with Rob Roberts at Gobbler Guns (Who does Benelli's Custom Shop SBEII's) he said the following Warne base, makes for a clean mount using the Burris FF. Obviously you only need 1 of the two bases. This link is from Midway USA Shooting.

Warne Maxima 2-Piece Steel Weaver-Style Scope Base Benelli Eagle, Super Black Eagle MatteProduct #: 476228

PS: The beauty of this is not having to have additional drilling and tapping on your receiver.

This is what this set-up would look like.

kyduck1

01Foreman400

This is my set-up with the 336 mount.

kyduck1

Got it...I can for sure see the difference. 
Is the SKU #410216 from optics planet the right model of 336??
Thanks again for being so helpful

st8tman

01Foreman400,
                           Man that is the first close up I have seen of the 336 setup...WOW! Nice and sleek and low to the receiver. I haven't done my gun yet....and I believe your picture has convinced me this is the way to go. What brand of 336 mount do I need and possibly a part number? Thanks again for the info and your time!