turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday 3/4/2012 .... "Under God"

Started by pappy, March 04, 2012, 10:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all
Let me say this morning, I am certain that these United States of america are indeed UNDER GOD, despite what the world wants us to think. And with this said:
Psa 91:1,2... He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
As a child when I stood in class reciting the Pledge of Allegiance I was repeating the words with the idea of "getting it said" cause that was what we did everyday before class started. As an adult, I realize that reciting the Pledge of allegiance, I take a stand on the principals that govern this wonderful country, those original principals that were based upon the belief and freedom to believe in the Almighty God and His protection and His authority, over looking this newly formed United States.
Dwelling in the secret place of the Lord....under His Grace, His Care...finding His safety under the cooling shadow of His Love, has kept these United States free from falling under the pressures of growing. I pray that each time we as a nation recite the pledge, that we take the words " under God" to heart, as a whole or as individuals, finding the refuge of His promise, and pledging to live our lives based upon the belief that empowered our forefathers to establish the union we now call America.
With the expectation of security, justice and the freedoms to live our lives as God intends us to......pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

shadetree callers

Turkey Beard

I know of folks who say that there's no comma around "Under God" so we shouldn't pause when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.  I, however, feel that I SHOULD pause because I want to emphasize "Under God."
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

MisterEd55

Thanks Pappy!  Your words really blessed me.   :agreed:
"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."  Deuteronomy 6:5

Duke0002

rempumpman

Now I know why God called you to preach!! well said Pappy; thank you....................
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.