OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Why I pimp Houndstooth mouth calls

Started by savduck, March 03, 2012, 10:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Got my mouth call care package to support my habits in the next few weeks. I had Lyle make  some custom stuff based on his normal line. He is actually going to probably offer these, they turned out so good. You guys have heard me mention his little two reed Tom Bomb, well I love that little call, but wanted one with a little more BITE. Lyle whipped a couple up for me to try. See what yall think. Click on pictures for video.

Tom Bomb Black

Tom Bomb Green

And he threw in a new batwing for me. Yellow Latex

Georgia Boy

pdqt

I bet it wouldn't sound like that if I was using it!!!   :lol:

cannonball

drenalinld

Good stuff, Del. I'm getting a care package from him soon!

Andy S.

Can't argue with that, some good calling right there IMO.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Might just have to offer a 3 pack Tom bomb series!! Those all sounded on cue you just need a gun and a gobbling turkey out in front!!

Shellwaster

Quote from: pdqt on March 03, 2012, 10:46:16 PM

X2. Thanks Del for showing us how all these calls are supposed to sound like. You've proven you can make a turkey sound out of anything but your next challenge is to teach me.  ;)

savduck

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on March 04, 2012, 01:07:46 AM
Might just have to offer a 3 pack Tom bomb series!! Those all sounded on cue you just need a gun and a gobbling turkey out in front!!

Oh, that would be to much for one man to handle.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: Shellwaster on March 04, 2012, 07:51:30 AM
Quote from: pdqt on March 03, 2012, 10:46:16 PM

X2. Thanks Del for showing us how all these calls are supposed to sound like. You've proven you can make a turkey sound out of anything but your next challenge is to teach me.  ;)

Where are you from. im always open to help.
Georgia Boy

Shellwaster

I'm a few hours north of you in Social Circle, Ga.
If you've ever heard of the restaurant called the Blue Willow they are my neighbors.

Cut*N*Run

Tell ya what. I just bought a Tom Bomb based on savduck's recommendation in another post. I've never been able to purr on a mouth call, but I'm closer than I've ever been on that Tom Bomb and I think I'll be able to get it with a little more practice. It's really easy to control that thing on almost no air at all. Awesome call!

Houndstooth Game Calls

Glad you like it cut*n*run they are great calls no doubt I have had numerous people change from 3 reed calls to these calls cause they automatically get the higher front end with out effort. Anyway glad to hear your progressing with your purring give me a call if I can help!!

savduck

Quote from: Cut*N*Run on March 04, 2012, 01:35:16 PM
Tell ya what. I just bought a Tom Bomb based on savduck's recommendation in another post. I've never been able to purr on a mouth call, but I'm closer than I've ever been on that Tom Bomb and I think I'll be able to get it with a little more practice. It's really easy to control that thing on almost no air at all. Awesome call!

I dont fool around when recommending calls. If I put my name on it, its gonna be turkey. Congrats. Glad you like it.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: Shellwaster on March 04, 2012, 12:31:17 PM
I'm a few hours north of you in Social Circle, Ga.
If you've ever heard of the restaurant called the Blue Willow they are my neighbors.

Well, if your willing to drive, your officially invited to come down this season. Im booked until the last three or 4 weekends, but if you want to make the trip....its an open invite.
Georgia Boy

T-Dub

Thanks for running these Del. As usual, sounds great! If you ever made an instructional DVD with all of the different types of turkey calls, I'd buy one.