OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Should I get one

Started by wisconsinteacher, February 22, 2011, 06:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I found a good deal on the Knoxx and have a little money left.  I would have to take some from my hunting stash to get one so should I get a Mueller Red Dot for the new 870 that is on the way?

mossybird

Are you trying to decide bewteen the two?

wisconsinteacher

No I ordered the stock.  I am trying to decide if I should go with the Mueller or stay with the TruGlow sights that mount on the rib.

Skeeterbait

I can assure you that a reflex sight takes all guess work out of aiming a shotgun.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

sugarray

You will not go wrong with a holo sight.  But don't put yourself in a bind over it.  It can wait until next year.

wisconsinteacher

It is not a bind, but a borrow from my "hunting fund"  I have some money in it but will not be able to add to it until summer when I can shingle a few homes.  I just don't know if the 100 for the site and 50 for a mount or tap job is worth it.

sugarray

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on February 23, 2011, 12:57:57 PM
It is not a bind, but a borrow from my "hunting fund"  I have some money in it but will not be able to add to it until summer when I can shingle a few homes.  I just don't know if the 100 for the site and 50 for a mount or tap job is worth it.

It is worth it.  I tried the TruGlo Magnum Gobble Dots, and they just didn't work for me.  Any time I tried to move the windage, the set screw always went back to middle.  Then went to a Bushnell Red Dot and it was great, but FOV was horrible.  Now with the holographic site, all is sweet.  I do not think you would ever regret getting it done.  Drill and Tap much better than a saddle mount, IMHO.  Hope this helps.

gophert

Yea..get them both!!!!   It's just MONEY...you'll make more tomorrow!  :you_rock: