turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just got a new glass pot........

Started by Lunchbox, March 03, 2012, 02:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunchbox

Never bought a custom made pot before, i always went with the mass produced ones(mostly cuz i was poor and in college).  Well, i decided to change that and bought a Magnolia Game Call this week and i LOVE it(granted, it wasn't made specifically for me, but custom made all the same, picture of it's below). I have yet to take it out into the woods, but if it sounds as good in the woods as in my apartment, i'll have a gobbler in no time. Anybody have any actual experience with these calls? I have no clue what kind of wood the striker is made from, but it seems to get the job done.

One more question, i've been using a 60 grit sandpaper to rough it up(as well as on the striker to have it grip better), should i be doing anything else to call? I've never used a glass call before, so i'm pretty green.

tomanyturkeycalls

use 100 grit sandpaper or emory cloth and smooth it out a bit... don't use that 60 on your striker.. I just juse 150 on my strikers just enough to rough it up a bit..60 will eat it right up. a primos slick stick works well also..I use the stone on it the pot

pappy

check out the post "glass call maintenance" I posted some great information about conditioning glass pots. pappy
DON"T use 60 grit on the striker, as it was said it will eat it up ... just run 120 over it lightly...
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Lunchbox