Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

devotional for sat; 3-3-12 "Does it matter?"

Started by rempumpman, March 02, 2012, 10:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rempumpman

I have watched several people in the last few days and it seems that all that matters to them is "how much money can I make?" don't get me wrong, making money is very important as it takes a great deal of it to survive in the time that we live and in NO WAY am I against anyone doing better for theirselves and their familes; it's not money that is sin, it's the LOVE of it that gets in the way; if we should live 80 plus years on this earth and our main focus is money, what good will it be if we lose our souls in hell for ALL enernity? God expects one to work and make money and he blesses those who do BUT God also expects us to keep him FIRST (Matthews 6:33) in our lives; we should work, we should make money, we should give, we should bless as God blesses us BUT our main focus SHOULD be living for him; makes no difference how much we are worth we we die, what matters did we spend our lives here on earth living for God? if you died today, where would you spend eternity, Heaven or Hell? so what does it matter if you should gain the whole world but lose your own soul? PLEASE don't put this world or its contents before God.........PLEASE
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

BOFF

Well written.

It is all God's anyways, money included. We're just held accountable in how we use it, and as you wrote, if we place it before God.

God Bless,
David B

rempumpman

Thank you Boff and I haven't had the time to respond to all of the other devotionals b/c I spent all last week in the hospital; I have read them and like always there are just great; so sorry that I haven't responed to them but I am now at home and getting back on track; God bless........................rem
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Roostem33

Very good devotional Rem, It took me a long time to understand that a bunch of money would not make me happy!! I try to see the blessing in everything that goes on in my life.

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

dlquinn

Amen...thanks for sharing! Asking the question is this a want or a need...helps to keep me on the right track.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

BOFF

Quote from: rempumpman on March 03, 2012, 12:47:25 PM
Thank you Boff and I haven't had the time to respond to all of the other devotionals b/c I spent all last week in the hospital; I have read them and like always there are just great; so sorry that I haven't responed to them but I am now at home and getting back on track; God bless........................rem

No apology necessary. I don't feel any of us which contribute to the devotionals do it for "Thank yous" but all for the glory of the Lord.

Prayers for your speedy recovery, or those you were visiting at the hospital, and the families of those involved.

God Bless,
David B.

pappy

Well said Barry....and I enjoyed our talk yesterday and pray for your speedy recovery. You KNOW my thoughts on the love of money, and will rest assured that when it is my time, my thoughts will be on entering the Kingdom of Heaven humbled and yet, rich in the Lord!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002

Thanks, Rem.  Your devotion is a clear and sharp reminder of the need for Jesus.   :jesus-cross: