OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

H&R Pardner pump?

Started by Trevor2, March 02, 2012, 11:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Looking at getting one of these from Gander Mtn for 229? Is this a good price/good gun and also how easily can one find chokes or it? Thanks for any info guys.
Strutstopper

deadbuck

Believe I would try to save a little more cash and trade up on something else.

Trevor2

Quote from: deadbuck on March 02, 2012, 11:22:40 AM
Believe I would try to save a little more cash and trade up on something else.
Wouldnt be my primary turkey gun I got my 870 sp for that just a cheap lil project gun. If I could get chokes for it.
Strutstopper

turkey harvester

I hunted with one for the last 4 years, just sold it to one of my students he wanted it real bad. I had an .640 hastings in it and shot winchester #5's in it and it done really well. killed lots of birds with it. I paid $236 bucks for it and chokes weren't hard to find either.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

BigPeck215

it is a great gun, it is owned and manufactured my remington and a lot of the 870 parts are interchangeable. it used the standard invector chokes

i have 3 of them and have never had one issue, its built like a tank, i've hauled it all over the ducks blinds and goose pits and have never had and problems in the harshest conditions

Trevor2

Quote from: turkey harvester on March 02, 2012, 11:55:41 AM
I hunted with one for the last 4 years, just sold it to one of my students he wanted it real bad. I had an .640 hastings in it and shot winchester #5's in it and it done really well. killed lots of birds with it. I paid $236 bucks for it and chokes weren't hard to find either.
Thanks thats what I was looking for! Do you remember where you got the choke? I looked at gander mtn and they carry the gun but no chokes for h&r. Makes alot of sense lol also Im getting the 20 ga version, if I do.
Strutstopper

Trevor2

Quote from: BigPeck215 on March 02, 2012, 12:01:26 PM
it is a great gun, it is owned and manufactured my remington and a lot of the 870 parts are interchangeable. it used the standard invector chokes

i have 3 of them and have never had one issue, its built like a tank, i've hauled it all over the ducks blinds and goose pits and have never had and problems in the harshest conditions
Sounds like a deal then.
Strutstopper

BigPeck215

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 02, 2012, 11:14:14 AM
Looking at getting one of these from Gander Mtn for 229? Is this a good price/good gun and also how easily can one find chokes or it? Thanks for any info guys.

Chokes are readily available. It uses the Win-Choke pattern threads. Bores on all of those guns I've seen are excellent. They are heavy, overbuilt, and that's really the only complaint I've heard.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Trevor2

Thanks for all the input guys. Im really considering getting this lil rig.
Strutstopper

Hooks' n' Beards'

If you like it,Buy it,Lifes to short not to own what you want!

fountain2

$179 at wal mart...I too am interested ..

HAMMERDOWN

I had one of these for a project gun myself and was really hoping that it would be a good little gun.  Now I know that it is a 20 gauge and maybe I was expecting a little more from it than it was capable of, I had the forcing cone lengthened and had it drilled and tapped for a red dot even had swing swivels put on it.  I used undertaker chokes and comp-n-chokes and couldn't get much over 100 in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards.  I used everything from lead to the old hevi 13 and even the new federal heavyweight straight 7's.  So I wish you luck if you choose to get this gun for a turkey gun.  Just my .02