OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Average turkey mount?

Started by Trevor2, March 02, 2012, 10:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

I have always wanted to get one mounted but just havent. On average what would one run?
Strutstopper

gobblerfreak

my taxidermist charges 500 any pose.

lov2bhntn

Depends on who you use and the going price for that area...   I charge $600 and should raise a little.

TN Longbeard

I payed $550 to have one mounted two yrs ago.

trophy mount TN

550 flying.  650 all other poses. just because they require base work.

deadhead870

Mines costing me 546 with his real head.

ohiostrutter

EMSDJ2

700 fake head in flying position.
900 freeze dried head in full strut.

Suppose to get them both back around May 1st

:turkey2: :newmascot:

OLE RASPY

Im giving 700 for my merriam i killed in 2010 and 750 for my osceola i killed in 2011 and havent got them back yet.

WW

The guy in Alabama charges $800 plus return shipping cost and if a case or anything else is needed, add that cost in also. His name is Shane Smith and his work is some of the best I've ever seen on turkeys!

gunslinger

I've used Hazelcreek for my too...around $700 if I recall correctly.

st8tman

Mcguires Taxidermy (Harold McGuire) in Christiansburg Virginia does the Best Turkey I have ever laid my eyes on ! Bar None! He has his own freeze drying machine, and performs this service for other Taxis across the state. The better part is he is only $495 any pose! I once asked him why his prices were so much lower, to which he advised me by owning his own freeze drying machine ($15,000) he saves about $100 per turkey, and thus passes along the savings to his customers! I have NO business affiliation with Harold, but am simply a VERY SATISFIED repeat customer. For those who wish to obtain a phone number PM me. You will not be disappointed in his work!

bradb

Mine is at $550.  He just won WI state champion turkey at the taxidermist show.
http://www.naturesowntaxidermy.com/turkeys.html

Mine is the 5 turkey pyramid down the page a little......I need to find the cash for the Ocellated  to finish it off.

paladin

600 and He says he should ask 800.
"have gun-will travel"

nalley1952

I'm not a bird guy but I wouldn't charge less than $750