OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I could use some prayers boys...

Started by redleg06, March 01, 2012, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg06

Well boys, I've been thrown a curve ball.

I was having pain in my shoulder and down my arm after a workout  Monday before last and had been going about normal activity until this past Monday (went a week). I thought I had Maybe strained a shoulder muscle and was going to tough it out. I'm 28 years old and workout 4-5 days a week and am in good physical condition so had no reason to think it could be something serious. Well, by the grace of god, I had a routine bi-annual checkup on Monday and almost canceled it because my sister in law is a nurse up there and I had just been there a week before to get another check up on a sinus infection. Matter of fact I called to cancel the visit but she told me just to stop in so I wouldn't have to pay the cancelation fee, so I did.

Well when she went to check my blood pressure in my right arm she noticed it was swollen and red...
She called the doctor in and he knows me real well also and it took him about two seconds to come back with a concerned look and I knew I had a problem. It turns out that the vein in my arm was 2/3 ocluded and had developed a blood clot... I immidiately had to be checked in to the hospital. Turns out that I have an extremely rare issue called paget-scroetter syndrome which can occur in athletes when the first rib gets bunched up to close to the collar bone and ocludes the vein to your arm- usually the dominant arm.  Thankfully they did a procedure to remove the clot succesfully and I got to come home yesterday so the immidiate danger seems to have passed for now but the way they fix this is to remove the rib in most cases.... So that is a hurdle that I'll be having to jump shortly...yep, just in time for turkey season.

I work in real estate here in Tuscaloosa so if I can't work, I Dont make money but I'm counting my blessings that they found the clot because had it not been for the pure grace of god, I had that doctors appointment and my sister in law was sharp enough to catch that something was wrong because I was doing the typical guy thing and just going to "tough it out" cause i had no idea it was serious. Please keep me in your prayers cause this thing caught me and my family a little off guard and I still have a few bridges to cross before this thing is over and I know god will be there with the support as he's always been so I'm trying to be positive and put it in his hands. Thanks guys

WildTigerTrout

Sounds to me like God is looking out for you already. God bless your sister-in-law for noticing and you for listening to her.  Just remember "God is good all the time". Take care and I will pray for you. WTT
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

busta biggun

Hang in there Redleg! Prayers sent. The fact that you are asking for prayers indicates that you understand that Jesus is a healer. Just remember: Mark 10:52 "Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

vaturkey

Prayers sent from VA.   :jesus-cross:

vaturkey    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

TRKYHTR

Good luck and be patient. This is just a small time in your life that will help in the long run. Those turkeys will be there next year.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

pullit

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

joshb311

Best of luck with it. Stay vigilant.

Reloader

Timber Chicken

turkey slayer

Hognutz

Prayers said and sent. Get healthy and then chase the turkeys. In that order..They will be there when you are ready..Godspeed..  :cross2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

runngun

Red you hang in there, You are going to be just fine!!!   :jesus-cross:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mnturkey

SEMPER FI