OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester 1300 and Sumtoy- need opinions.

Started by Cove, February 27, 2012, 09:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cove

Okay, you guys give me your opinions. Should I be satisfied? I know all the patterns will kill'em dead but I'm new on the 20 gauge scene. I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a lil more numbers but the distribution seems to be quite even. Should I hang it up and hunt it, or keep doing a lil shuffling to see if I cant get into the 140s? That is what I was wanting.

The 30 yard pattern was straight death. 236 in the 10". . . . not much room for error.

Okay now for the 40 yarders, all #'s are in the 10" circle. . . haven't counted the 20"

Shot #1
Clean Barrel- 127

Shot #2
Dirty Barrel- 117

Shot #3
Clean Barrel- 105 (wtf?)

Shot #4
Dirty Barrel- 125

Like I said, I'm new on the 20 gauge scene and don't want to get caught up in the numbers but on the other hand when I have this gun in my hands I want to know it's at it's full potential (with factory loads) and the numbers are what I use to determine this . . . .

savduck

Cove, another post in the main gun section about his Federal #7s. He and two other buddies shot this weekend and their 7 numbers are also off. They say the numbers match more of how the #6s shoot. They got their ammo from Dunns.

Thats three of us with 7s from Dunns whose numbers are all off based on others averages on here.

What lot number do you have? Mine is 37UT456. I ordered two boxes from Midway to see if it is any different.
Georgia Boy

Cove

I'll check the lot#'s but mine were from Midway.

Devastator

thats the same lot im averageing 175 with the ssx.not sure what to say guys.hope ya get them where ya want them.

Cove

Okay, lot #37vt455

Counted the total # of pellets in the entire load on the 30 yard shot, came to 322. Is this what it's suppose to be?

savduck

Cove. Put a post in the reloading section.

Two guys said 330, one said about 340, and another said 320.....so I would say yes....that about right for the total load.
Georgia Boy

Devastator

cove,that is the lot # of the ones i bought this year from cheaper than dirt.thats about the right amount of pellets for 7's.hope ya get it figured out.

SumToy

we going to play with savduck gun this weekend.  I can figure why they both drop off so much the last 10 yards it is odd.  We may open yours up some to see if that helps some.  Yours give me signs that it may be choked to small with what it has did. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

wmd

I am having a similar issue with my 1187 Compact 20, SSX .550 and the Fed HW 7s.  I shot it at 20 yds to see how the pattern looked and it is incredibly tight, but at 40, I couldn't even break 100.  I recleaned everything and am going to shoot it tomorrow using the SSX, RSF, and maybe a Hastings .566. 

SumToy

They shoot like lead.  I will have the numbers after this weekend.  May not have any hair left but we fix it.  :TrainWreck1:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA