OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Midwest in Need of Your Prayers

Started by pappy, February 29, 2012, 06:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

As many know by now, the Midwest was hit with a tremendous line of storms including tornadoes and heavy hailing. Many lost home and family. I am asking that all of our members take the time to send up a prayer on their behalf. It is time to band together for God's Hand to move on their lives and in their hearts, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Prayers sent from VA. for all those involved !   :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

Turkey Beard

My town, Buffalo, MO is one that was hit. This update is going to be quick & choppy, lots going on. No damage to the town, in general, but an entire trailer park wiped out and several Mennonite businesses. 2 deaths statewide; we have one of them (for those that don't know, I own a funeral home), a 40 year old woman. Also got a call on a 2-year old last night but not tornado related. Feb. 29 isn't as special of a day to me as it once was...

We still don't have power at the house but everyone around us does, think it should be on today, was surprised that it wasn't on overnight because it's just a small "donut" of an area without power in town itself.

I believe that it's not me, it's my son that's the disaster magnet and I just have residue. Last year he packed everything he owned and had it all sitting in a moving truck on a Sunday afternoon in Joplin, MO... the day the tornado hit there. Later in the year he was in D.C. when the earthquake hit and also was somewhere on the coast as a hurricane nearly blew in. He was collecting natural disasters as well as MLB ballparks that he visited in travelling with his job.

We've had 3 tornados hit Dallas Co in the past 10 years; the big one that hit Stockton & Pierce City in, I think, '03 that you didn't hear about Buffalo being hit. I think 5 deaths statewide... with 2 in Dallas County (that we were called on both). Then the one a couple of years ago that hit my funeral home and my in-laws' house. Now this one, again, 2 deaths statewide and we are having services for 1 of them (the other is down SW of me near Cassville). We've been blessed to not have had much damage... just heard that a couple from my church, in their mid to late 80's, lost their entire home...

1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

870supermagnum

Prayers sent up from Middleburg, FL

turkey slayer

dlquinn

Prayers from CA for all of our brothers and sisters that have been in the path of destruction during the last few days....may our father keep you and yours safe.  :jesus-cross:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT