OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning holographic sight..

Started by 870supermagnum, February 29, 2012, 07:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

I have a Browing holographic sight and would like your input on this sight and especially mounted on a 870 Supermagnum.  Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BurrisOptics

Most likely comes from the same place as the Mueller although I honestly have no idea.  Will most likely serve you just fine.  I wouldn't hesitate to mount it up and give it a go.

Doubletap

I think they are basically the same as the tru-glo, work just fine

870supermagnum

BurrisOptics and Doubletap, thanks for your replies. 

870supermagnum

I patterned and sighted in my new shell and sight combo yesterday evening and it worked excellent.

I used the sighting method presented on this board and it worked great. 

I used contractors paper and blue masking tape (POA) which worked well and was very easy to see.  I have a saddle mount, so I can sight using the bead as well as the holo sight.  I laid the gun across a range bag (which was very steady) and sighted in using the bead at 15 yrds, and without moving the gun adjusted the holo sight to be on POA.  The first shot blew a 2" hole through the target and completely removed the masking tape POA.  It was gravey from there on, 25 yrds and then 40. 

I used 2 3/4" for all shots, except the last two at 40 yrds.  I'm using Win SE ER 3.5" in #6 and boy do those things hit hard, even with a Knoxx SpecOps stock.  All I can say is "dead turkey."

The sight adjusted well and functioned as expected.  It took the recoil from the 3.5" well.  So far, so good.