turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The UPS man brought me GOLD!!

Started by bigdale, February 27, 2012, 08:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdale

As some of you know, and some of you may not, I am a member of the Hevi-shot pro staff. Every month we aquire points for doing various things that promote the company. These points are used to purchase products. I am also an avid turkey hunter and shooter so I like to have the best loads possible, so therefore, I like to keep up with the lot #'s so I know which ones are the best. (with that being said) I ordered 4 boxes of 3.5" 7's last week and they arrived at my house today. I'm looking through them checking the lot numbers, when BAM! It was a box of 300514, and I am well aware that these were from the good run of 2010 loads. It felt like I had found a treasure. I marked "GOLD" on the box with a sharpie and put them in the safe. Will I be shooting these at paper??? Absolutely not!!! These will only be shot at glowing red heads.  :you_rock:

SKFOOTER

Quote from: bigdale on February 27, 2012, 08:30:16 PM
As some of you know, and some of you may not, I am a member of the Hevi-shot pro staff. Every month we aquire points for doing various things that promote the company. These points are used to purchase products. I am also an avid turkey hunter and shooter so I like to have the best loads possible, so therefore, I like to keep up with the lot #'s so I know which ones are the best. (with that being said) I ordered 4 boxes of 3.5" 7's last week and they arrived at my house today. I'm looking through them checking the lot numbers, when BAM! It was a box of 300514, and I am well aware that these were from the good run of 2010 loads. It felt like I had found a treasure. I marked "GOLD" on the box with a sharpie and put them in the safe. Will I be shooting these at paper??? Absolutely not!!! These will only be shot at glowing red heads.  :you_rock:

What was the Lot # of the other 3 boxes??

st8tman

No offense to you Big Dale or anyone affiliated with Hevi-Shot, but to me it is a Sad Statement when one has to rely on certain lot numbers or "batches" if you will, to insure optimal performance from a given load. With the premium price that are charged for these shells by the manufacturer, uniform performance from lot to lot is the least hunters should expect for there hard earned dollars. Just think if everytime you cruised down the Interstate at 70 mph, and you bought four new Michelins you had to "Hope" they came from a "Good Lot Number"!

chipper

bowhunter32

bigdale

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 27, 2012, 11:12:12 PM
Quote from: bigdale on February 27, 2012, 08:30:16 PM

What was the Lot # of the other 3 boxes??
300786. I'm not sure about these, haven't got to shoot them yet

bigdale

Quote from: st8tman on February 27, 2012, 11:33:33 PM
No offense to you Big Dale or anyone affiliated with Hevi-Shot, but to me it is a Sad Statement when one has to rely on certain lot numbers or "batches" if you will, to insure optimal performance from a given load. With the premium price that are charged for these shells by the manufacturer, uniform performance from lot to lot is the least hunters should expect for there hard earned dollars. Just think if everytime you cruised down the Interstate at 70 mph, and you bought four new Michelins you had to "Hope" they came from a "Good Lot Number"!
No offense taken. These are things that are beyond my control. I do feel like hevishot has corrected the problem. I shot some of this years loads yesterday and got 274 out of a dirty barrel in my SBE2. I was very happy with these numbers. I don't believe I could ever get those numbers out of any other factory load on the market. As far as the price increase, everything in the world is getting higher. I wish it wasn't so, but it's a fact of life that we can't control. Every component of the load has gone up in price, tungsten being the biggest impact. These increases have forced the company to increase their prices in order to maintain profits. The changing of loads was a mistake on the company's part, they realized how unhappy people were about the change and I feel like they have corrected the problem. If any of you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. You will not offend me with any of your concerns.
Thanks
Dale Sexton

Oconeeguy

Good to know they have corrected the problem. I trust that also means they understand the reason for the root cause of the Quality Control failure and fixed THAT so that the problem won't be repeated.

Turkhunter

bbcoach

Dale,
Do you know what the actual ROOT CAUSE of the loss of performance was attributed to?  Several of the guys that dissected shells thought it was a change in the wads that Hevi had switched to or was it a combination of different components or manufacturing process?

bigdale

Quote from: bbcoach on February 28, 2012, 09:35:19 AM
Dale,
Do you know what the actual ROOT CAUSE of the loss of performance was attributed to?  Several of the guys that dissected shells thought it was a change in the wads that Hevi had switched to or was it a combination of different components or manufacturing process?
Well, let me tell you something about the elite guys of this forum. If they say that the wad changed, then the wad was changed. Their is a world of good info on this site, thanks to the guys that do the extensive research. I will take their word over anyone's, because they know what they are talking about. I know alot of you were lied to about the change, and that problem was also resolved, but I'm not gonna get into that. Listen to what they tell you, they are the backbone of this forum. Thanks for all the good info fellas

SKFOOTER

Quote from: bigdale on February 28, 2012, 07:35:28 AM
Quote from: st8tman on February 27, 2012, 11:33:33 PM
No offense taken. These are things that are beyond my control. I do feel like hevishot has corrected the problem. I shot some of this years loads yesterday and got 274 out of a dirty barrel in my SBE2. I was very happy with these numbers. I don't believe I could ever get those numbers out of any other factory load on the market. As far as the price increase, everything in the world is getting higher. I wish it wasn't so, but it's a fact of life that we can't control. Every component of the load has gone up in price, tungsten being the biggest impact. These increases have forced the company to increase their prices in order to maintain profits. The changing of loads was a mistake on the company's part, they realized how unhappy people were about the change and I feel like they have corrected the problem. If any of you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. You will not offend me with any of your concerns.
Thanks
Dale Sexton
Dale, what is the Lot # of this years loads??

Woodsman4God

Is there a place to look up Lot #s to find out if it was one of the suspect lots?

eaglea1

So, lets say I go into a store like Cabelas this weekend. Are there any certain lot numbers that I could or should be looking for? What for example is the given lead time between whats been tested out there and whats actually on the shelves?  Thanks for the info. :smiley-char092: