OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE 2 with an Eotech?

Started by 01Foreman400, February 27, 2012, 11:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

01Foreman400

Anyone got any pictures or what the best mounting system would be for one?
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

BOFF

Not sure it's the best, but this is what I ran for a while. It is however on a SBE I and not a II.

God Bless,
David B.

01Foreman400

Thanks for the picture.  Any reason when the mount is so far forward?

BOFF

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on February 29, 2012, 10:54:32 AM
Thanks for the picture.  Any reason when the mount is so far forward?

Yes,

I used a mount I already had, which only has two slots on it, one up front, and one in the back. I liked the Eotech up front, more than I liked it back. Preferably, a Picatinny mount would be better. I just used what I had. Also, being a SBE I, I had to have the barrel drilled/tapped.

God Bless,
David B.

WFI79

I ran that exact gun and a Eotech 512 for part of last season.  On mine the receiver was drilled and tapped right from the factory, I assume yours is too?? I found a weaver base to fit almost perfectly but there wasn't a cross slot on the base to put the sight exactly where I wanted it so I just made one right where it needed to be with a chainsaw file and worked great.  Hope this helps.

01Foreman400

WFI79

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on March 01, 2012, 09:28:33 AM
Why did you take it off?

This should take care of that problem.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/egw-remington-benelli-auto-weaver-93-scope-mount-2070-aluminum-matte-finish.html

That's the base I should of gotten. I never seen that one before, looks like would work perfect.

I took off the Eotech to put it on my 870.  Always been a pump gun fan.

BOFF

I did the same. I put mine on a different gun. My regular turkey gun already has a 553 Eotech on it. Do a search for a M2 and my user name to see it.

God Bless,
David B.

beagler

Mounted an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot on my SBE 2 with that base.
Never Misses