turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jap A5

Started by trash2, February 27, 2012, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trash2

been shooting 3" 2 7s for a few years now with fine results. Was just wondering if anyone was shooting an A5 and what choke you were getting the best results with. using a stardot now and have tried a carlsons but was not happy with my poi with the carlson and am not going to but anything on the gun to correct that (wasn't any better pattern than stardot regardless of poi). typically getting around 240 or so @ 40. Just never hear anyone shooting these and am curious as to what others are seeing.

fountain2

My dad has an old Belgium a5 with the original bbl that was damaged and cut to 19" and threaded for tru lol...it was screwed up years ago but brought back thanks to Sumtoy.  We also have a 32" full nap bbl. 

We shot it with a 660 Sumtoy and got 242 and 277 with 2010 loads.  It sounds like yours is hammering.   It does 100 with lead 5s at 40 as well.  That's a nice old gun ...got a nice but different feel to it

fountain2

Here's a pic of the gun and pattern

trash2

thanks and impressive job with sumtoy. I have a couple of benellis but there is nothing finer than the old A5 imo. Just a solid gun and lots of fun to shoot. Very reliable and really just adds something to the hunt (atleast to me). Bought a box of nitro magnum 6s (3in 1 7/8) i want to try out. Only draw back to the A5 is that if you look at it funny, it will rust...