turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tell me about your SBE2

Started by chubbyone, February 27, 2012, 07:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gersus

The 26" barrels definitely seem to pattern consistently better than the 24's. I don't understand why 2" makes that much difference but it seems to though.

nyhunter

Quote from: gersus on February 28, 2012, 12:24:53 PM
The 26" barrels definitely seem to pattern consistently better than the 24's. I don't understand why 2" makes that much difference but it seems to though.
Yep thats why I'm buying a 26" barrel   :goofball:

chubbyone

I could have got a 26in. barrel but thought the 24 would be fine. Update from today. Shot the hevi #6's. 3inch. I got 185 in 12in. circle at 40 yards with the Indian Creek and 174 , same 12 in circle with the Jellyhead. It also hit where I was aiming.  Good even pattern. Wife is picking up Hevi 3.5 #6's and 3 and 3.5in. #7's. Will shoot again tomorrow but I may call good enough till next year and try another choke then. I have spent a ton of money already. I will try to post some pics when I pattern the other loads. I am still not getting the same results as alot of you but I am confident at forty yards I can kill a turkey. Thanks for all the suggestion and I still want to here about all the Benelli SBE 2's out there.

gersus

Those are great numbers for 3" #6's!

chubbyone

dirtywhite, I am shooting at 22"x28" poster board.

davisd9

Tell you about my SBE2, I was not aware that I had one.   :o
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirtywhite

Atleast yours is hitting where you aim mine loves to pattern about 8 inches to the right i would love to use just a bead but do have a fastfire 2 coming i cant wait  :funnyturkey: but 180 at 40 yards with 3" shells would tickle me to death and 6s in heavy will knock that bird into a deathflip for sure
"Forgiveness is between god and them it's my job to arrange the meeting"

sawtooth

i've had two ben's and neither shot worth a crap.  I've since had Rem 870, browning, winchesters and now the best yet which is a Beretta Extrema 2.  They will all shoot much better.  I think the main issue is that Ben's have much smaller barrel openings than the others.  Not sure why they do this because it sure doesn't make them pattern any better. 

chubbyone

For all of those that followed this post Please Check out chubbyone's SBE 2 in the pattern sections. I have finally found it and I would like to say thanks for all the suggestions and for following along.   Come on turkey season.

ghillie

Quote from: sawtooth on February 28, 2012, 09:06:19 PM
i've had two ben's and neither shot worth a crap.  I've since had Rem 870, browning, winchesters and now the best yet which is a Beretta Extrema 2.  They will all shoot much better.  I think the main issue is that Ben's have much smaller barrel openings than the others.  Not sure why they do this because it sure doesn't make them pattern any better.  

Easy big fella...lets not start the Benelli bashing...

Some of us that have them think they are just fine...I understand that some say there are problems with POA, however, I really think that has something to do with the 'human' aspect of shooting.  If you do have problems, have you polished that barrel?  Others have reported that after polishing...their POA trued up.  Don't know if it's the chrome lining or the crio aspect of it creating high and lows in the barrel if any at all.

All I know is the the one that I own is spot on and puts up some very nice numbers with a .665IC shooting HV straight 6's and 7's, 3.5".......7's are putting more than 300 at 40...not that it is needed but still impressive..

When it warms up I also have the HV choke...going to compare the two...

sawtooth

Sorry guys as I wasn't wanting to offend anyone.  I've just had the worst luck testing these guns and don't understand why. The funny thing is the extrema 2 has the same chrome line barrel but performs much better. Anyway I still love how the Benellis feel and thinking I may try a M2 20ga for moutain hunting.  Super light and feels awesome.