Scope or Red Dot

Scope
5 (22.7%)
Red Dot
17 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

Going to have to put something on my shotgun so I can adjust where it shoots.

I am between a scope and a red dot. 

Whats should I go with?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

sugarray

Mueller or FF II.  Not a tube style site.

paladin

holo style...no tubes.
1+ sugarray
"have gun-will travel"

chatterbox

I agree with both these guys.
Mueller for me.

devin4484

Its all personal preference.  I have used both and had no issues with either one, but I prefer a low power scope, especially when the woods gets a little green and full of foliage. 

GeorgeShu

I used a red dot 1X scope for many years.  Decided to switch to a reflex sight this year.  Put on  fast Fire II red dot.  Love the sight picture, shoot with both eyes open so its easier to watch the show.  The scope was a little too bulky with the adjustment knobs blocking the view around the scope.  Don't know why I waited so long to switch.......  The Mueller sight is also a good one.......  Either will do the job for ya.

longbow59

I just purchased a NWTF Leupold 1-4x20mm scope off of ebay new for 200.00 free shipping. All I can say is wow. Love the reticle it is a circle. Glass really bright and wide FOV. I got the scope because my eyes are bad. I'm 51. Every thing is focused and clear. I have not shot it yet. I would say if you have good eyes get the red dot ,halo sights, but if you have trouble seeing get a scope.

Hooks' n' Beards'

shuey270

Bushnell trophy here but waiting for a FFIII.

beagler

Went from a scope to a red dot about seven years ago, I'd never go back
Aimpoint 9000SC on both my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835.

Never Misses

Passintime

I've got a 1.5 x 5 shotgun scope on mine. If it ever goes bad I might look at a red dot. They are more compact for sure.

savduck

red dot..............they dont come back and put a mouse over your eye when shooting 3.5 loads.

Only took splitting my eye once with a scope to know Ill never go that route again. I have a truglo red dot scope and a fast fire 2. Like them both.
Georgia Boy

eaglea1