OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Truglo not sticking?

Started by longbow59, February 28, 2012, 06:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbow59

I recently got a truglo front bead for my 870, the kind that has the double tape that suppose to peel and stick to the rib. well it never even came close to sticking. Anyone know away to get the bead to stick to the rib? Thanks

Crappiepro

Well if there was any oil residue what so ever it won't stick, if you cleaned it with say a oil based degreaser or solvant and there was still alittle of that left and it didn't dry, it won't stick. After you got some solvent on the sticky part it's not sticky anymore.
Go to the auto parts store and buy anothe roll of double back sticky tape and cut it down to the size you need. Unless you can find a small piece some where.
I did the same thing a few years back and thats how I fixed it.

longbow59

bird

I have used the HiViz sights with the magnets and love Em. I have never lost one on my Nova, 870SM or M2 after heavy use in the upland fields, waterfowl hunting or turkey woods. 

Crappiepro

I know its aggrevating to do it LOL. I will say its still stuck and holding good now. Look for a roll of the emblem double backed tape. I look in the morning and see if I still have the roll of double back. If I do I'll send you a piece, maybe save a trip and a few bucks.

gobbler74

Ive got piles of 3m double white tape if you really want it. It sticks good. My opinion, I'd replace that sucker way before taping any sight to my barrel. Too much on the line bud. What width is your vent rib If you have one? Ive got some older sights that may fit. Hit me on a pm.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"