OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Here's A Pair Of Old School Remington 1187's

Started by vaturkey, February 26, 2012, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamppirate

Quote from: vaturkey on February 26, 2012, 11:44:21 AM

Here's a pair of Old School Rem. 1187's. Top one is Mossy Oak Bottomland Greenleaf with 2x7 Leupold scope that I bought new in the early 90's. Bottom gun is Mossy Oak Bottomland with matching sling that I got yesterday .

:newmascot:

Those are nice, but I think I've got you beat at the old school part....I've got one of the first camo'd 11-87's in trebark...I'll post a pic after I get her back from the gunsmith...having some barrel work done...
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Grunt-N-Gobble

It makes sense why you wanted to sell that Realtree stock.  It just wouldn't have looked right on that gun and it would have been a shame to have it re-dipped.

My buddy has an 11-87 in the Greenleaf as well.  Sharp looking gun.

ncturkey

vaturkey

Quote from: swamppirate on February 27, 2012, 01:25:07 PM

Here's a pair of Old School Rem. 1187's. Top one is Mossy Oak Bottomland Greenleaf with 2x7 Leupold scope that I bought new in the early 90's. Bottom gun is Mossy Oak Bottomland with matching sling that I got yesterday .

Those are nice, but I think I've got you beat at the old school part....I've got one of the first camo'd 11-87's in trebark...I'll post a pic after I get her back from the gunsmith...having some barrel work done...

I think the Trebark ones were made after the Mossy Oak Bottom land ones.

They still are awesome guns though !   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

swamppirate

I think Trebark came way before Mossy Oak....my 1187 was the NWTF gun of the year, made in 92 I think and even came with a camo choke  (how cool is that!!).  Whatever or whenever, it shoots good!!  I've got a 870 Special Purpose in the original bottomland that shoots the lights out as well....

"Jim Crumley left his job as a school administrator at age 30 to fashion clothes that looked like trees. That was in 1979, and a year later he introduced Trebark's first apparel. Hunters snapped it up. In 1986 Realtree came to compete, followed in 1987 by Mossy Oak. "
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

swamppirate

Quote from: vaturkey on February 27, 2012, 04:59:29 PM
Quote from: swamppirate on February 27, 2012, 01:25:07 PM

Hey VATURKEY, where do you hunt mostly? I've got a cabin near Craig County....those mountain birds are tough!! LOTS of walking!!

I think the Trebark ones were made after the Mossy Oak Bottom land ones.

They still are awesome guns though !   :newmascot:
Robert E. Lee