OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lon Trice pot call question

Started by 870BkWht, February 25, 2012, 09:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

I was curious if anyone has a call made by this years DD Adams winner Lonzo Trice?  I am curious about his all acrylic pot call.  Looking for opinions.

flatliner

Have got a couple of them from Lon. He is one of the nicest guys ypu will meet. He aslo won DD Adams last year. His calls are all they are touted to be

Kehl

West Augusta

Met him at Nashville and bought a Waterfall Bubinga glass call from him.
It has a great sound.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

tomanyturkeycalls

I have a waterfall bubinga glass/glass.and a zebrawood glass/glass ... excellent sound.. killed a bird last year with the zebrawood glass.. also have a walnut slate/glass from Lon... I would also like to know what call he won the DD adams award with this year

flatliner

Birdseye Maple Slate that was awesome

Turkey Trot

I don't have an acrylic, but they look neat.  It's something I'd like to have someday.  They cost more than the others but are still not off the chart compared to some other calls out there with simple wooden pots.

His pot calls are great.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: flatliner on February 26, 2012, 12:49:29 PM
Birdseye Maple Slate that was awesome

is that what he won this years DD Adams award with??

gatrkyhntr70

I just recieved one of his pots in rainbow bubinga; Its as good as the get!! It wont be the last one I get from him; probally try the acrylic next. As the others said hes a great guy and if you give him a call you will hear it with your own ears.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

flatliner

Yes this years call was a birdseye maple slate. Last year was the Bubinga glass

goblr77

I have been running one of his glass calls the past several years. Love the sound.

goblr77

I called Lon this morning and ordered a glass over slate. Anxious to see what it will sound like.

uarobert

He made one for me that he calls "Irene." Birdseye Maple with Glass. Love that call.

rdmar

I have a waterfall bubgonia glass and a birdseye maple slate he won with both these calls and they are amazing he is a super nice guy you will not be dissapointed

tomanyturkeycalls

I just got another call from Lon the other day it is a maple pot with glass over slate .. OMG.... I cannot believe how good his glass calls sound ... they sound like turkeys... It is a little clearer than his waterfall bubinga and his zebrawood glass..all 3 have a different sound..