turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Purrs on mouth call?

Started by wisconsinteacher, February 21, 2011, 09:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobblerFever

The best purr sound comes from your throat.  Think of it like you are "clearing your throat."  However, the main thing is you will never get a good purr out of a call that isn't capable.  I have found that two reed batwings do the best job.  Overall, you want a call with light reeds to get that good rollover.

Hootowl

TRKYHTR
             Thanks for the Site I agree I liked the 3rd one with the throat, I am watching it Over and Over, as I tying to Get it down, But I think I need a More Raspy Mouth Call....

Hoot

TrackeySauresRex

Great video. I use the Gargle method
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

GobblerFever

No you'll probably find its the opposite of what you think.  You probably want a lighter reed, lighter tension call that isn't as raspy.

Hootowl

I have been working on my Purrs with a Mouth call (Hooks) and I am so new to Mouth Calls. But after watching a Video from Primos, they had 2 guys doing it, One would roll his Tongue and the other would use his throat and it sounded alot better. But like Wil said some people cant do it with there throat. I need to get a Good Instructional dvd before I start praticing bad Habits. I have been working with a Mouth Call for just a few months, and can do some of the Calls, But what is that site I hear some guys talk about on here I think on Thursdays where you can get help?

Hoot

TRKYHTR

It's called tokbox.com. We will try to do another one this Thursday. We missed last week.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

swampy

Whata bout tokbox are ya'll gona get together on it today
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

TRKYHTR

swampy we did get on tokbox. Sign in to tokbox and then add me as a friend Joe Slaton. Then when we are supposed to be on just click on my name and start a video conference. I'll be in MS next Thursday so I wont be able to be there on Thursday. We might be able to get on Tuesday.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Hootowl

Joe, Tuesday would be Good for me. I need some help, So I am going to download Tokbox, and add your Name? Thanks Looking forward to meeting you and your Help....

Hoot

crowbarr

I put the tip of my tongue on latex and use throat. Kind of like I am girgiling mouth wash. I think it sound good. But most of those American Idol Contestants think they sound good too. My momma said it sounded good.