OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Blue Locktite on FFII mounting screws?

Started by gophert, February 21, 2011, 08:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Do I need to put blue locktite on the mounting screws of the FFII?  I am mounting on a weaver mount, but wasn't sure if I should ad the locktite since the screws come with the locking washers.

EMSDJ2

Myself I like to use clear nail polish.  It holds good and easier to break free when trying to undo.  JMHO!

paladin

I don't think you "need to" but you can. I use the new kind in the lipstick style dispenser.
I would use it on the mount screws but not those holding the sight down to the base.
"have gun-will travel"

Skeeterbait

It is recommended to use the Purple formula 222 on the small screws of firearms and sight mounts.  It is designed for screws size #2 thru 1/4".  Especially for steel screws in aluminum threaded parts to reduce galling of the aluminum threads.  You can get it from gun supply websites like Midwayusa.com

joshua

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 21, 2011, 09:43:11 PM
It is recommended to use the Purple formula 222 on the small screws of firearms and sight mounts.  It is designed for screws size #2 thru 1/4".  Especially for steel screws in aluminum threaded parts to reduce galling of the aluminum threads.  You can get it from gun supply websites like Midwayusa.com
Good info skeeter.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Mailman

I had to mount my FF2 without the lock washers. Screws were not long enough to get them to bite. Did not locktite them. After a few more rounds I will check again and make sure they are holding if not i will put something on them. I did loc tite srews on the mount to reciever.
One Shot One Kill

BurrisOptics

Quote from: EMSDJ2 on February 21, 2011, 09:07:43 PM
Myself I like to use clear nail polish.  It holds good and easier to break free when trying to undo.  JMHO!

+1

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Mailman on February 23, 2011, 09:37:58 PM
I had to mount my FF2 without the lock washers. Screws were not long enough to get them to bite. Did not locktite them. After a few more rounds I will check again and make sure they are holding if not i will put something on them. I did loc tite srews on the mount to reciever.

Just an FYI.  You don't need the lock washers although I use them anyway.