turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 ounce bottles

Started by agturkey, February 22, 2012, 11:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

I can see putting the coke bottle laying down, with the bottom end facing you, and if you put 6-8 pellets in it, your good to go. That's roughly a 2.5" circle.   :angel9:

God Bless,
David B.

bird

Quote from: flayer on February 23, 2012, 07:57:44 PM
why all the bad vibes about 7's not penetrating at 40 yards?on a water bottle!!!!!!!!!!!1

Because some people including myself are starting to question not the patterning abilities of the H-13 7's but rather some questionable inconsistencies of the penatration abilities of the load.  But then there are those that refuse to believe that there could be such a problem with the H-13 7's.

flayer

what would be a good test to see if they are penetrating at 40 yds.?

bird

Quote from: flayer on February 23, 2012, 08:44:49 PM
what would be a good test to see if they are penetrating at 40 yds.?

Inconsistency is the issue.

hunter-b

I wonder if inconsistency in volocity could be a factor here . has anyone played with idea ?

bird

Quote from: hunter-b on February 23, 2012, 09:04:22 PM
I wonder if inconsistency in volocity could be a factor here . has anyone played with idea ?

Could possibly be but most everyone is blinded by the patterns that they throw.

flayer

bird: is it in the shot, or powder side not the same in each lot numbers? thanks

bird

I thought so too but have experienced same lot numbers performing differently from each other and this is from the better 2010 lot.

agturkey

Just saying we can really make them shoot but if you can put 5-8 pellets in 20 oz bottle every shot your turkey will not pass that test of death.  It was just a suggestion for some to try.  I think many are just looking to pick it apart when its just a suggestion for others.  Next time you shoot put a bottle up at your big target and you might be surprised what pellet counts you get.  I truly think its a good density material and size target to check.  Many people will find some pellets from some shells wont make it out of the bottle others will blow right through.  It use be if you busted a glass bottle it showed good energy.  Only shoot few hundred rounds from time to time so I hope learn about poa poi in time.  

flayer

i have shot many boxes of hevi-13, I would like to see more info. on the difference of lot numbers in penetrating ,and speed of the shot and wads? For the price of the shells they should be the same. Any help would be thankful

XCBlur

Quote from: JohnDoe on February 23, 2012, 10:53:17 PM

Which is worse? Punch you in the arm with 50lbs of force or stick you with an Ice Pick with 10lbs of force?

Interesting thought for sure.

hunter-b

Spuriosity  this good info but wonder if anyone has checked the volocity on the ammo that have been claimed not have penatrated well on target or game . if volocity can be higher than advertised then they could be lower than advertised . If the shot size is all over the place wads are different maybe powder is to . inconsistency lot to lot or box to box .