turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 ounce bottles

Started by agturkey, February 22, 2012, 11:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Put up a 20 ounce bottle.  As long as 5-8 pellets hitting it your good on turkey killing.  No circles or range finders needed just results.  Pellet counting vs energy.......seems dead is end result we want!

honker22

Won't work... you know those hevi 7s won't penetrate a plastic bottle, especially if there is a sticker on it!   :TooFunny:
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

agturkey

I like all the loads we have but a good 20 oz bottles sure works as a good check point!

K9Doc

I sure would be hesitant to hunt with my gun if i could only get 5 to 8 pellets in a 20 oz bottle.
There are approximately 79 square inches in a 10" cirlce.  Assuming the old standard of 100 pellets minimum in 10 inch circle, I would feel better about 30 plus pellets in the soda bottle.
They sure are fun to shoot with a .22 tho!!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

agturkey

Just saying its easy to over look what it takes to kill

K9Doc

Oh.  Well that is very true.  I dont know how I every killed any turkeys with Copperplated 6s?  I remember drawing a turkey shaped figure on some notebook paper and if I had a few hits, I was good to go.   I also remember shooting some Soda bottles, but I would shake em up before I shot em!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

XCBlur

Quote from: K9Doc on February 23, 2012, 12:24:12 AM
Oh.  Well that is very true.  I dont know how I every killed any turkeys with Copperplated 6s? 
Aint that the truth!  It didnt hit the wallet near as hard, I know that!

hunter-b

Won't work... you know those hevi 7s won't penetrate a plastic bottle, especially if there is a sticker on it   :z-dizzy: wow! LOL

agturkey

What I am saying is after you do your work...people always want to know how far they can shoot....if a shotgun puts 5-8 pellets in a 20 oz bottle or 100 what it lets one know is if they would kill the turkey. 

Gobble!

Quote from: Spuriosity on February 23, 2012, 09:32:38 AM
No offense intended, Agturkey, but 5-8 hits on a 20 oz soda bottle is equivalent to 23-37 hits in a 10" circle, far from a sure kill. The soda bottle test also tells you nothing about POI vs POA. Your pattern could be off by a foot or more and still put 5-8 pellets in the soda bottle. Discouraging that sort of "patterning" is one of the best virtues of this forum IMO.

X2

acsoa12

Quote from: honker22 on February 22, 2012, 11:45:00 PM
Won't work... you know those hevi 7s won't penetrate a plastic bottle, especially if there is a sticker on it!   :TooFunny:

This means war!!!!  :TooFunny:

bird

I keep wondering what is the purpose of this thread myself.

chatterbox

Quote from: bird on February 23, 2012, 06:51:28 PM
I keep wondering what is the purpose of this thread myself.
I was just thinking the very same thing, Al. Pointless.
The only ethical test is securing a minimum of 100 pellets in a 10" circle. This bottle testing doesn't tell you what your pattern is doing.
For the record, my max range is 40 yards.

flayer

why all the bad vibes about 7's not penetrating at 40 yards?on a water bottle!!!!!!!!!!!1

Spurcollecta

Quote from: Spuriosity on February 23, 2012, 09:32:38 AM
No offense intended, Agturkey, but 5-8 hits on a 20 oz soda bottle is equivalent to 23-37 hits in a 10" circle, far from a sure kill. The soda bottle test also tells you nothing about POI vs POA. Your pattern could be off by a foot or more and still put 5-8 pellets in the soda bottle. Discouraging that sort of "patterning" is one of the best virtues of this forum IMO.

I agree