OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 JH .690 H13 2 1/4oz 7s

Started by longspur, February 21, 2012, 04:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvhunter74

saveallj

turkey slayer

Tom Foolery

joshua

Great pattern. I shot a # 7 through the same choke and gun last year(my barrel is 24") and even tho I didn't count the holes I had supreme confidence in its killing potential.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

remmy1187

Nick_The_Tinkerer

:drool:   

at what distance was this???

longspur

Quote from: Nick_The_Tinkerer on February 23, 2012, 09:29:19 AM
:drool:   

at what distance was this???
40yds. taped from muzzle. 45 degrees, calm and overcast. This is one shot. Who knows what the next one would do? I'm satisfied it will kill a turkey if I can hit it.

cscott

Clucknpur8

MERCing

Nice !

You center that pattern on a turkeys head and that choke is going to live up to it's name !

BigJim

longspur

Its only 35yds. I used a short tape and misscalculated the distance. If I had shot 35yds before I probably would have recognized it. I'll bet lots of the more experienced shooters knew something was amis with that combo.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I had a Jelly Head and shot I think one 3.5" 2.25oz #7 Hevi-13 load through it last year and got 268 shot in a 10".  It was nice pattern but I sold it. 

Nick_The_Tinkerer

:z-winnersmiley:  that Gobbler wont have a chance inside 45 yards...unless he is behind a huge oak tree  :you_rock: