turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 21'' or 26''

Started by kruk, February 21, 2012, 05:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kruk

Found a good deal for a 870 with a 26'' barrel. I am setting up a gun for my wife. Will be putting a knoxx stock on it, but was curious which what type of patterns people where getting with each barrel? I was leaning more to the 21'', but thinking if she ever wants to hunt ducks a 26'' would be a good all around barrel. Already got a rem superfull & was planning on shooting heavyweights, but I'm not set in stone.

Thanks guys.

Curtis

R AJ

I have an 870 and 11-87 both 26" and wouldn't want it any other way. They are great all around guns and 21" is  a little short for wing shooting.

Dove, duck , even quail I like 26" barrels. That's me though. It does seem easier to look over a 21" bbl and shoot high.

surehuntsalot

I like the 21" for turkey hunting,but the 26" is a good all round length
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Ranman

I have both, and prefer the 21" for turkey. My 870 20ga is my designated turkey gun. Go 21 and it gives you a reason to get another gun for wing shooting.

Mild Bill

Quote from: Ranman on February 21, 2012, 09:52:38 PM
I have both, and prefer the 21" for turkey. My 870 20ga is my designated turkey gun. Go 21 and it gives you a reason to get another gun for wing shooting.

or at least another barrel  :icon_thumright:

I use a 26" barrel on my 870 20 gauge, but either will work fine.  If you have both, see which one patterns best.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.