OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just ordered a Pure Gold .670 for my 870-

Started by TheSportsman, February 21, 2011, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Guys- took your advice on the Pure Gold and ordered the .670 for my 870.  They were very helpful on the phone and said the 6s should produce a excellent hunting pattern for me.  The .660 and .665 I just wasnt happy with.  Just too tight for where I hunt.  Gonna try out the 670 PG with the Winchester XR 3.5" 6s and the Hevi 3.5" 2 1/4oz 6s too.  Ought to be a swell setup for the 23" polished barrel 870 Super Mag I am setting up.

S.C.C

I believe you will be very pleased with the result of that combo!!! :icon_thumright:

bird

dpittman

I also ordered one today and I also have a 23" 870SM. I borrowed one to try from a buddy and it shot great. H13 3.5-2.25-7  293 in 10 at 40  H13 3.5-2.25-6  194 in 10 at 40.  I also used it for my coyote loads and it was better than anything else. My gun really seemed to prefer a more open choke. IC BDS and JH660 both shot very poorly out of my gun. Go figure. Like to try a .675 MAD supermax if I could ever find one for a reasonable price.

boggszilla

runngun

I also bought the pure gold 670 for my browning maxus, aint shot it yet. Ordered it from Midwest turkey call supply last wednesday and it was in my mailbox saturday :z-guntootsmiley:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

joshua

Be sure to post some pics when you shoot some paper.   :anim_25:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redleg06

Ive had REALLY good luck with that combo of the pure gold and 870  with the Mag Blends also. 

I wouldnt look past those while you're trying to find the right combo.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I tried a PG .665 in my 870, and my #6 H13 patterns and #5 Lead patterns seemed a little over-choked.  The .670 will likely be just right.  Good luck.

panhandlehunter

I just bought a Remingtion 870 with a 23" barrel.  Haven't decided what choke and shell combo I'm gonna use.  How did the patterns turn out with the choke and different shell combinations?

boggszilla