turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Red dot on Browning Maxus

Started by tomtamer25, February 20, 2012, 01:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtamer25

Anyone have one?  I am looking for the model # for the base.  I can't seem to find one anywhere.

deadbuck

I have been looking for this info for a super x2 and called winchester and you have to buy it from them for $35. They said weaver does not make it.

SouthEastNC

i called browning last year, and they said that for the Maxus, order the mount Browning makes for the BPS and Browning Gold: http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/accessories/detail.asp?cid=123&tid=187E&fid=018J&cattype=123187E 

so i got the mount, and had my gun drilled and tapped for it. problem is, it doesn't work with most red-dot sites. Red-dots aren't as long as normal scopes, and the ridge (or whatever you call it going down the sides of the mount) isn't there in between the front and back of the mount, so a normal red-dot can't get a good grip on the thing.

Called Browning and asked them just what they recommend for putting on that mount, they said they don't have anything they recommend.
Go Heels, Go America

SouthEastNC

Anyone thinking about having your Maxus drilled & tapped - be sure to talk to Browning first. The receiver is aluminum, so the screws could strip easily. Maxus needs to be drilled and tapped in a particular fashion. I found that out the hard way.
Go Heels, Go America