turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

red dot scope?????

Started by ant-02, February 21, 2011, 04:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ant-02

Im in the market for a red dot scope for my benelli (for turkey hunting). Ive never owned one and wasent sure which would be a good choice? any info would be great. thx
ANT

chatterbox

I have  Mueller quick shot on my gun, but alot of guys here run with the Burris Fast Fire II which is an excellent sight.
It comes down to what you want to spend. You can pick up the Mueller for around 100.00, and the Burris is gonna run you around 200.00 without the protector.
Look at both of them, then decide for yourself. The best part about both of them is they are holo sights which make them a heads-up reflex type sight, with unlimited field of view.

neal

Fastfire II for a Nova   Speed bead for a SBEII

:z-winnersmiley:
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

louman

Aimpoint Micro is my choice.

paladin

There are two types.
Tube style and "reflex"(fastfire,Mueller, Leopold)
I strongly reccomend the reflex.
Mueller is larger with more features and cost 1/2 the fastfire(100/200).
The Leopond is almost identical to fastfire at twice the cost(400).
A "sightmark mini" is about 80 and similar to fastfire.
"have gun-will travel"

BigHooks

I have a Mueller Quick Shot an really like it...

pullit

Shotgun Dave

Looked through a Mueller today looked very nice !   Haven't hunted with one or shot multiple shots through one but looks great !!!!
All things work together for good !!!

chatterbox

Quote from: Shotgun Dave on February 26, 2011, 11:13:30 PM
Looked through a Mueller today looked very nice !   Haven't hunted with one or shot multiple shots through one but looks great !!!!
This is the sight I went with Dave. I also haven't shoot any rounds with my mueller yet, but I think it's gonna work out just fine! :icon_thumright:
I'm hoping to get out in the next couple of weeks, and give it a real test to see what she can do.

archery1

i do love my gobble stopper scope made by truglo. i have it on my mossy 835 and it does have a green an red dot with a circle inside . that would be my choice
Take a kid hunting