turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

mount for double barrel

Started by WaddleWhacker, February 20, 2012, 12:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddleWhacker

i have a double barrel that will be my dedicated turkey gun once i have it dipped and a reflex sight on it....i am wanting some advice on a mount that the sight will sit low on the barrel....the gun has a solid rib and i will do the drilling and tapping....would the marlin 336 mount have a low profile or would some type of tasco work...season is getting close and i want to get the sight on it asap...anyone have any ideas on what would work best on a double barrel

deadbuck

Is that an over/under or side by side?

WaddleWhacker

savduck

there was a picture on here last year and a guy had a fast fire mounted on his.
Georgia Boy

WaddleWhacker

i went and got a mount this morning....now i've to get a bit and tap...gunsmith wanted $25 per hole to drill and tap 

deadbuck

I want to see a pic of that when you finish. Can you mount a reflex type sight on the rib of a Browning Citori?

BOFF

Quote from: WaddleWhacker on February 22, 2012, 12:54:57 PM
i went and got a mount this morning....now i've to get a bit and tap...gunsmith wanted $25 per hole to drill and tap 

That's not a bad price, in my opinion for a quality smith.

Post pics of the process.

God Bless,
David B.

NWBama

I had a Gunsmith drill and tap a weaver mount for a Browning holographic sight. The gun is a SXS 20ga; Stoeger Uplander Supreme with a solid rib.

WaddleWhacker

well it's tapped....turned out pretty good for how it was done....now i've got to fill the stock with bb's to tame the recoil and then get it dialed in.....    

BOFF

I like it!!

God Bless,
David B.