North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday 02/19/12 Lost & Found "Trash or Treasure?"

Started by pappy, February 19, 2012, 12:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Ezekiel 34:16
I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up [that which was] broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.
Writing the inspired words of God took great courage, being a prophet brought condemnation as well as praise, not much has changed over the past thousands of years, those who are inspired to share the Gospel, fall prey to the masses false accusations as well as their shallow praises. But there is nothing more evident then the strength in God's word!
I think of the comparrisons betweent the hunter of turkeys and the hunter of men, which falls under the title "fishers of men", both are steadfast in being successful, both use whatever resources they have at their disposal in order to be successful. But it is the words of God that fuel those who are hunting for men, not to fill their "tag" or to boast of the kill, but to further the kingdom of God one soul at a time.
Turkeys are spooked by the slightest sounds or movement, men are spooked away from Christ much like the turkey, it may be the fears of giving up their "normalcy" or "freedom"... but none the less, the hunter for the souls of men, must be as wary as the hunter of turkey, we are not in the buisness of scaring the lost, therefore we must approach cautiously, steadfast, and true in order to become the effective tool that God wants us to be.
Sometimes, the hunt may be unsuccessful, the turkey that avoids the hunter is given the chance to live another day, if they are lucky enough to survive the season, they have another year to feed and get fatter and fatter, often becoming lazy and slack in their fight for survival and make that last mistake of answering the hunter's call and fall prey to the 12 gauge shotgun's mighty roar. Much is the same for man, if they avoid the conviction of the Holy Spirit, they believe they have tomorrow to look forward to, they become fat with self, and with pride, but in the end, God will prevail, for those that believe they got away, will one day fall to the roar of God's Judgement!!!
All of this fuels me to be the best hunter that I can be....I can only hope and pray for God to strengthen me, to take each step towards each successful hunt, until the mansions of heaven are filled to the brim!!!!! pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

BOFF

Great analogy Jack!!

Thanks for the word!!

May your nets be full in the fishing of men.

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Turkey Beard

1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com