News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New glass for Mossberg 835 Tactical Turkey

Started by OtsdawaRidgeRunner, February 17, 2012, 07:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on getting a new scope or red dot for my 835 tactical turkey.  I'm taking off the Tru-Glo Rut and Strut scope and its going on my sons Mossberg Super Bantam 20 gauge this year and I cant decide what to put on mine.  I'm sure most of y'all know that this gun has a 20" barrel and has a ton of recoil.  Will the red dots such as the tru glo gobble stopper or others hold up to the recoil or should I put another recticle scope on her?  I'd like to hear some ideas on what I could throw on there.

Mack

Nick_The_Tinkerer

I was told that becasue its TACTICAL stock (I was going to use the Knoxx one) one of 2 issues exist with a scope...

1) with Knoxx type it collapses to absorb recoil - recipe for scope eye....
2) non collapsing tactical - if you adjust the stock shorter (during transportation) can be a recipe for a scope eye.
3) if you want a scope FIXED stock  ;D

I have a scope already so I will try the fixed stock if I dont like it then I will switch to Knoxx and a red dot  :you_rock:

paladin

I like the burris fastfire. I have one on my 835 and it is working fine.
"have gun-will travel"

chatterbox

Another vote goes to the Burris Fast Fire. I have one on my 835, and I haven't shot it yet, but I have a ton of confidence that it is gonna get the job done.

Crappiepro

I know your talking about the 835 but I have the 535 tactical turkey. Its almost the same in recoil with a 3.5" load. I have a Bushnell 1.75x4x32 Turkey Plex reticle on mine. I was alittle worried about the scope eye thing too! It has enuff eye relief you should be alright. So far no eye bite and its holding zero. Good Luck, Crappiepro

mightyjoeyoung

Recoil in that 535 should be considerably worse than any equivilant 835 shooting the same load..  If it's holding up on Crappiepro's gun, it should definetly hold up and not bite you on an 835.   :icon_thumright:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.