OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lacrosse Grange Boots

Started by 870BkWht, February 15, 2012, 11:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

I just ordered a pair of Lacrosse 18'' Grange Rubber uninsulated boots for this spring.  I had a pair of Lacrosse boots that were insulated once before, and I like them, but Ive never had a pair of boots that are uninsulated before.  Do any of you guys have a pair and how do you like them?  Are they heavy?

SKFOOTER

You will love them.  But your feet will sweat!

870BkWht

I bought some lightweight boot socks and some 17'' liner socks to go with them.  I wondered about the breathability of them.  Gotta be better than lugging around the 1200 gram boots like last season.

Squirrel Hunter

Curtdawg88

I put a lot of miles on my Grange boots from work and hunting.  I also wear snake boots for work and hunting when snakes are an issue and the grange when I'm not so worried because the snake boots leak like crazy.  Anyways, sometimes I wonder why I even bother with the Grange because my feet sweat so bad my socks are soaking wet when I take them off.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

Basin_hunter

Lacrosse Grange is a good turkey hunting boot but they do not last like they used to. The 1st pair of grange boots I owned lasted 7 years, the last 2 pairs I have bought started to crack after 1 year. I put alot of miles between deer and turkey hunting in these boots. If you do get a pair do not let them fold over, that's where the cracks occur. I have a pair of light weight muck boots I will be trying out this spring.
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

870BkWht

So is there something that can be put on the boot to keep them from cracking?

Basin_hunter

Quote from: 870BkWht on February 16, 2012, 09:26:10 AM
So is there something that can be put on the boot to keep them from cracking?

Keep them on a boot hanger or something that keeps them from folding or making a crease.
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

Spurcollecta

Love them! I grab them before my danner pronghorns allmost every time

dirt road ninja

I thought they were the only hunting boot made for a long time. Love them.

DK Allen

Very Good Boots, not very heavy, also use them Quail Hunting!!

RC_STRUT

I just got a pair of LaCrosse Alpha Lites. (uninsulated)

Awesome boot! And great customer service!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Awesome boots.

Walked a lot of miles in em. Killed a lot of birds and bucks in em.

Hell, I've got one pair just for hunting and another pair for scouting/hanging stands/any other outdoor activities

RC_STRUT

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 17, 2012, 03:10:27 PM
Awesome boots.

Walked a lot of miles in em. Killed a lot of birds and bucks in em.

Hell, I've got one pair just for hunting and another pair for scouting/hanging stands/any other outdoor activities

That's actually a great idea!  I think I'll do the same.

Tom Threetoes

Quote from: Basin_hunter on February 16, 2012, 09:08:03 AM
Lacrosse Grange is a good turkey hunting boot but they do not last like they used to. The 1st pair of grange boots I owned lasted 7 years, the last 2 pairs I have bought started to crack after 1 year. I put alot of miles between deer and turkey hunting in these boots. If you do get a pair do not let them fold over, that's where the cracks occur. I have a pair of light weight muck boots I will be trying out this spring.)                                                                                                        The older Lacrosse boots were made in the USA. My first pair lasted 6 or 7 years ,the next pair only lasted 3 yrs. they were made in China. They're still the turkey boot for my money.