turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

B-Square Mount Question

Started by Jake Smasher, February 21, 2011, 02:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Smasher

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me with this one.  I always got good advice when I posted questions on here a couple of years ago.  I have a B-Square mount on my SX3, with a Burris Red Dot Scope on top of it.  I generally shoot the Nitro Heavy shot 2 -1/4 oz. loads.  Last spring I noticed that the screws on the scope mount were getting bent right where the threaded portion started.  Have any of you ever had that problem?  If so, what did you do to correct it.

I'm thinking that I may just bight the bullet and put a Weaver mount on the gun or switch to a Speed Bead, but I thought I would see if there was a solution that wouldn't required more gear purchases.

Thanks,

Bill

paladin

Can you post pics?
Recoil is the problem.
Easy fixes require new gear but show us what you got.
Are you talking about the screws that go through the reciever?
"have gun-will travel"

RaspyD

I have had the B-Square on my Winchester 1300 for over 12 years and never had a problem.  After shooting it from a Lead Sled for the first time last spring I too noticed the bent/broken screws.  I called B-Sqaure and told them about the broken screws and they promptly sent me replacement screws.   
Perfection Turkey Calls

paladin

Sounds like you got design issue.
You could get new screws every so often.
Shoot lighter loads. Look for harder bolts at a specialty bolt company.
replace scope with a lighter sight. go to a weaver base.
cheapest fix would be harder bolts.
"have gun-will travel"

Jake Smasher

Thanks for the responses, I will try to get a pic and post it so that you can see what I'm talking about.  Just like RaspyD, I've had the mount on there for a couple of years and not noticed any issue until I used a Lead Sled while patterning.

old frank

The problem with a Lead Sled is if you weigh it correctly to reduce the recoil, the recoil has nowhere to go. The cushion your shoulder usually provides is gone and all momentum slams to a halt in the Sled.

I have heard of numerous stocks that were broken on a lead sled.