OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester SX3 20 ga NWTF

Started by mossyoakpro, February 14, 2012, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossyoakpro

I have posted this on another forum as well...I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the new Winchester Super X3 20ga NWTF model?

I was gonna build a 20 ga gun by getting a black synthetic 11-87 and getting all the work done on it and having it dipped but I may come out cheaper getting this....it already has a mount for the FF Burris.

Thanks!!  Link below...

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?family=017C&mid=511149
Phillippians 4:13

Eric Gregg

You can buy an 11-87 a heck of a lot cheaper, fully camoed than that. Nice gun, but I don't see where you will be saving money. Hunt down an 11-87 that is fully camoed. I have seen them in Wal-Mart.
1139.00 compared to 500-700 bucks depending. Do some shopping.

n2deer

Seen the local Walmart has the 20g 1187 for right about 670ish.
Its the camo gun

mossyoakpro

Thanks guys,

I figured by the time I bought the gun, had it drilled and tapped, bought a base to put the FF2 on it that I would be in it deeper than that.

I am gonna do some looking around for sure.

mossyoakpro

I am headed to the gunshop now to dig around and see what they have....I have a Benelli M2 but it is my pheasant gun so I do not want to turn it into a turkey gun...whatever I get will be a designated turkey thumper.  :turkey:

mossyoakpro

After looking around I have decided on a Remington 11-87 20ga...I am sending it to Rob Roberts @ Gobbler Guns to get the forcing cone work done, trigger job and choke tube.  He recommends the HW 7 load from Federal so I will start my search for some of those to shoot. 

Any ideas where I could come up with some of these?

After all of this I will still come out cheaper than the SX3 out of the box.

Thanks guys!! 

Hooks' n' Beards'

WyoHunter

I like the feel of the SX3 but it is a bit pricey.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!