News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which shell would you shoot?

Started by Swamprunner, February 14, 2012, 09:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decoykrvr

The 21/4oz.  Hevi-13, 7's.  Dead is dead on a turkey and the "lighter" load
is easier on you physically and monetarily.

crenshawco

I would go with the Nitro 4,5,7's I think. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of any of them

remmy1187

Any one of those would work just fine at 40.   Should be able to stretch a little more yardage out of all too. 

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Luke95

Sumtoy Get Choked

Squirrel Hunter

Nitro 21/4 oz  7 shot you will love them.

Swamprunner

Hal, this is all a moot point when I come to see you on 3/11, if you have shot and are available.

Now, to my thoughts and motives. My motivation when choosing a shell is not a 35 yard shot. They all kill at 35. I want to know what happens when I judge a turkey to be 42 yards, and it turns out he was 50. I do not trust hevi 7's or the nitro hevi 7.5's at 50 yards. I do trust the ex range 6's, but I do not trust those numbers at 50. I think I am going to order the 3.5" 2-1/4 oz megas. That will be a great load after I run out of the TSS that I hope to be loading up.  I hope to shoot all my birds at 30 yards, but we all know that 30 yards shots are not the reason for this forum.  Thank you all for your input.

Rockhound

which ever best fits your budget they all look decent

Todd1700

Nitro #7s if money is no object.

The only advantage of the duplex loads are to make them legal in some states that don't allow straight 7's for turkey. Well that and to ease the mind of some hunters that feel like they need something bigger than 7's in a shell. It's the 7's in those loads that are doing the killing however. At the speeds those Nitros launch the 7's will kill turkeys like cyanide.

GobblinNC