turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem 1187 HEVI-13

Started by pdaugherty, February 14, 2012, 04:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdaugherty

Remington 1187 20in Barrel, forcing cone lengthened and barrel ported and polished by Roberts Gun Works. HEVI-13 3in 2oz #7, HEVI-Shot Extended Range Turkey Choke .662. Shot at a laser ranged 40yds.

Grunt-N-Gobble

NICE!!!!

I've got an 11-87 as well, but with a 25in barrel, forcing cone lengthened and polished barrel (by me).  Sumtoy choke and I've got an ICBDS.

Haven't shot it yet, but will be doing so very soon.

Squirrel Hunter

Awesome looks like some dead turkeys in your future!

pdaugherty

Oh it's already smashed a few good birds last year, @Grunt-n-Gobble....hows that Sumtoy working??? Heard good things about them.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Can't really tell you since I haven't shot it personally, but William @ Sumtoy had it shooting in the low 280's @ 40yds in a 10in. circle.
THat was with factory Hevishot 3-2-7's.   If I remember correctly, he got some good numbers with 6's as well.  And its choked pretty tight too.

surehuntsalot

I think that is a dead bird,you should have no problems
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

wvhunter74

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Grunt-N-Gobble on February 15, 2012, 01:58:28 PM
Can't really tell you since I haven't shot it personally, but William @ Sumtoy had it shooting in the low 280's @ 40yds in a 10in. circle.
THat was with factory Hevishot 3-2-7's.   If I remember correctly, he got some good numbers with 6's as well.  And its choked pretty tight too.
What size is your SumToy choke??

Grunt-N-Gobble

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 21, 2012, 05:40:30 PM
Quote from: Grunt-N-Gobble on February 15, 2012, 01:58:28 PM
What size is your SumToy choke??

TIGHT!!!    .643

cannonball

Five O

bsci21

Looks Great. Nice Pattern.

GOLD HUNTER

LOOKS GREAT NOW GO KILL A BIRD !!!  :funnyturkey:

hunter-b