turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dumb move by a country music singer

Started by Flydown, February 13, 2012, 11:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flydown

"Carrie Underwood and executives from her label recently handed over a check in the amount of $200,000 to one of the biggest anti hunting organizations in the world – HSUS."

Yep,I'm done with her!

Houndstooth Game Calls

drenalinld

I hope this is not true, it will hurt me deeply.

fitter

Old Gobbler

Dixie Chicks all over again    :newmascot:

very likely that this HSUS?  misrepresented their intent or core value, or persuaded some sympathetic executive into thinking they were going to save the humpback whale or something - This artist may have been tricked into it

They sell these big donations to firms as a tax write off - I suggest you email the record label company and  let them know you will be shopping another label  unless they stop payment on the check , tell them to give to United Way , Red Cross etc... I do
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

JELLYHEAD

I had rather listen to &  support Ted Nugent ! :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

handcannon

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

bird

This is not new for Carrie.  She has been a supporter of HSUS and PETA and a Vegan for quite some time now. Im actually quite surprised that most of you didn't already know this.

drenalinld

Quote from: bird on February 14, 2012, 12:40:20 AM
This is of it new for Carrie.  She has been a supporter of HSUS and PETA and a Vegan for quite some time now. Im actually quite surprised that most of you didn't already know this.

I guess I was "blinded".

gotcha

shootemintheface

bustinbirds

I can't believe some of yall didn't know this about her. Several years ago she was suppose to sing @ a St. Jude benefit, when she found out it was a benefit hunt she canceled. Been done with her for years, this is nothing new for her!
Lifelong member of The Tenth Legion

Sherrell

A lot of us have known about her from the start...amazing what a ton of makeup can do to enhance a individuals looks...sad this doesn't work on ones ability to reason.