turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stripped it............

Started by Crappiepro, February 11, 2012, 02:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

Thats what I did alright! I was mounting my Mueller Quick Shot on my 835 today. I over tightened the front screw and she let go. I e-mailed Mueller about ordering another lower unit and told them I bought it 2nd hand. I don't know what they'll say, I don't know if this even an option.
So with that being said, can I just re-tap the screw hole and put in another screw.
I never would have thought I put that much torq on the screw. Thats my luck!

deerslayer357

I hate that for ya!  As I am sure that you are well aware now, those little screws don't take much torque.

I think I saw that these little screws only take like 15 lbs of torque or something ridiculous like that.

BOFF

Sorry to read, but good to know, as i may get one of these for my daughter.

Can you post a pic of what I need to be careful of in tightening?

God Bless,
David B.

Crappiepro

Its just a Mueller Quick Shot site. I really don't think a pic would show anything. Its just the front screw that runs across the weaver rail and holds the front part of the sight down on the rail.
I'm gonna go to Fas'n'all company and see if they have a aliitle bit bigger screw and try a re-tap and go from there. IF nothing else I'll run a small screw through it and put a small nut on the back side. I think that would be stronger than new anyway.

BOFF

Ok.

I thought the Mueller was attached to a base, and then the base attached to the mount on the gun.

God Bless,
David B.

Crappiepro

Mueller does attach to a weaver base. Its the screw that attaches and holds the base clips of the Mueller to the weaver base.