turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Doctor Red Dot Sights?

Started by Sand Man, February 08, 2012, 10:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand Man

Anyone put a Doctor on their turkey gun?  I have a Buris FFII and want the FFIII for the up-grades, but not sure I can wait until they are released to buy one.  Ran across these Dcotor sights on another hunting forum for 50% off.  Made in Germany, so you know the quality control and quality of the glass is good.  Looks like the picatinny mount has a guard around it as well.

Thoughts?

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

bird

st8tman

What hunting site did you find this advertised? Thanks for your time.

savduck

Got  a brother n law in the US Special Forces. All his weapons have Doctors on them. They are great optics......that price is SWEET.
Georgia Boy

bird

Did a Google search and found that they can be easily found at that sale price.  SWFA is one place that has them.  But after reading the reviews on them at Optics Planet I am goIng to pass cuz their battery is located on the bottom of the sight the same as the FFII.

Sand Man

Quote from: st8tman on February 08, 2012, 12:49:41 PM
What hunting site did you find this advertised? Thanks for your time.

Texas Hunting Forum Classifieds.

Quote from: bird on February 08, 2012, 07:31:14 PM
I am goIng to pass cuz their battery is located on the bottom of the sight the same as the FFII. [/b]

After some digging, I discovered the same thing on the battery.  That was my main complaint with the FFII.  I didn't want to have to burn some of this expensive TSS to resight each time I needed to change the battery.

Oh well, guess I'll wait on the FFIII!   :drool:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Reloader

You fellas think too much on the battery issue IMO.  These types of sights are designed to run for 100s if not thousands of hours on a single battery.  I've had the same battery in one of mine for 3 seasons and don't plan to change it this season.  The other two I have are only 2 years old. Tiny LEDs don't pull hardly any juice.  Someone posted once that they had left theirs on mistakenly for a couple weeks IIRC and it was still bright as ever.

I only turn mine on at each set-up and leave it off when I'm walking. That really doesn't account for much on time throughout the season.

REBELYELL

Quote from: Reloader on February 09, 2012, 03:47:13 PM
You fellas think too much on the battery issue IMO.  These types of sights are designed to run for 100s if not thousands of hours on a single battery.  I've had the same battery in one of mine for 3 seasons and don't plan to change it this season.  The other two I have are only 2 years old. Tiny LEDs don't pull hardly any juice.  Someone posted once that they had left theirs on mistakenly for a couple weeks IIRC and it was still bright as ever.

I only turn mine on at each set-up and leave it off when I'm walking. That really doesn't account for much on time throughout the season.

:agreed:

gaboy

Looks like the older II Plus version. There's now a III version.

01Foreman400

:deadhorse:
Quote from: gaboy on February 10, 2012, 11:27:56 AM
Looks like the older II Plus version. There's now a III version.

What's the difference in the II and III?
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

gaboy

according  from the manuals and info on the german website, the III is waterproof and has 3 programmed selectable dot brightness curves depending upon the application in conjunction with automatic dot intensity. The II has the automatic dot intensity depending on the ambient light level as well but not the 3 brightness curves.