OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Had a roller coaster day with the 11-87

Started by sharxfan, February 09, 2012, 10:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharxfan

I had the day off so figured I would sight in the pig slayer and then the 11-87. The pig slayer went fine and got it zeroed in about 6 shots and it was consistent after that so I figured it was good to go.

I then busted out the 11-87 with Centerpoint red dot. I got setup at 30 yds and shot some 2 3/4 target rounds to get it good and centered. This went off with out a hitch. Figured I was GTG so I put up another target and moved back 10yds and put in the Hevi-13 3-7-2 shell. I shot it off and I was high and right by about 3 inches or so. Clicked it down and put another shell in and let her rip. Got it centered left and right still a bit high. Adjusted and shot again and it was almost there. Adjusted one last time and shot and bam it was patterned fairly well. I counted out the holes and it looked like about 150 in a 10in diameter circle. I looked at the shot closer and said Hmmmm maybe an inch more up and it will center the pattern density a little better.

I went back to the 11-87 adjusted it 4 clicks and went to put up another target. Got that done loaded the last shell looked through the red dot and the dang dot had rotated so it was out of level. I checked the red dot and it had rotated in the rings. I tried to turn it back and it took a lot of force to do it but I got it level. I prayed that it was fine and let it rip. Dag nabit if the darn thing was not even on the target. SO feeling a little frustrated I went back to the truck got the fun gun and did a mag dump on the helpless target to relieve a little bit of the frustration I had for just wasting $24 of Hevi shot for nothing.

I am not looking online for another red dot probably a Mueller that will be here quick enough for me to sight it in before turkey season. Sometimes I just hate this stuff.

Remturkey

deerslayer357

Man that is rough!

Hope you get it set up and zeroed with your new red dot soon!