OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth Call recommendations

Started by I-55Bandit, February 09, 2012, 10:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-55Bandit

I have been using mouth calls for about ten years now and really only like one, the Woodhaven Copperhead. Looking to expand a little and get a few more that I like. I know that Hooks makes some good ones and some others on this site. Any specific recommendations on great models?

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ghillie

Hook's Duplicator 2 and the Eradicator     :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

TauntoHawk

The first time I ran the Hooks Executioner I couldn't believe those turkey sounds were coming from me

Houndstooth makes a good call too that full of life
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

stinkpickle

I tend to hate most mouth calls I try...and ones I do like sometimes aren't liked by other folks.  Many are, though.  Up until last year, my go to mouth call was a Woodhaven Sadler McGraw.  Once broken in a little, I could do almost anything with it.  Last year, I got real comfortable with the Hooks Executioner.  I really liked the Hooks 3 Reed V, also...it is a cuttin' machine.  All my Hooks calls are "large tape".

turkey harvester

I really like the Knight&hale spittin image calls, specifically the kh013. They have a sweet sound.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

runngun

I really like the mouth calls from Hillbilly Custom calls.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

cannonball

Houndstooth for me, I like the Tom Bomb. :icon_thumright:

woodwzrd

savduck

Oh man....so many choices.

Hounds tooth........all of them
Rutnstrutt........wacky batwing
Martins Brothers....cutters
Paul Butski...........3 reed cutter light
Cane Creek...Mr Death
Qauker boy...........heckling hen
David Halloran...........Total Knock out, and the yellow batwing
Georgia Boy

jblackburn

Gooserbat Game calls made by Sam Pharr in Oklahoma are good calls.  Sam's calls are easy to use and he uses combinations of latex a high tolerance of stretch to make sure all his calls sound the same.

I like the Hillbilly and Heckler for raspy calls.  He also makes a call called White Lightening, it is non-latex, but I cannot remember what the reeds are , but it sounds good.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

thundrchikin

Cane Creek Calls- C.C. Smoker and Dead End

Basser69

golfernash

Tom Teasers Butt Naked Hen. The best I have ever used.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Chris Downs

Southland or old Woodhaven Sadler McGraw Sig model ghost cut
Southland Sadler McGraw combo cut
Halloran Natural Born Killer, She Devil, and Total Knockout
Hooks Executioner and Exectutioner II and the new Batwing call, if the tape size will work for you.
Hendershots new batwing, ghost cut, and combo cut.

All great calls and many more too.  Just have to find some that will work for your pallet and the type of sound you're looking for.